RT Vancouver time change

EeyoreFan1967

The one daily planner set I saw said that the changeover from PDT to AKDT was at 2am of the morning of the first port call (so we would spend the first sea day in PDT). I didn't think to check when the time switched back.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

The one daily planner set I saw said that the changeover from PDT to AKDT was at 2am of the morning of the first port call (so we would spend the first sea day in PDT). I didn't think to check when the time switched back.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Thanks! Was this a one-way cruise or RT? Because I did a search and found some info from last year, someone said the RT just did Alaska time the whole cruise after departing Vancouver?

It was Volendam May 9. The ship embarked on Wednesday and the notation was on the Friday planner. Unfortunately I don't have the May 17 planner.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from Alaska round trip from Vancouver. You will be notified on the daily activity sheet of clock changes. Can't remember which days this was on. Brain fog! Jet Lag !

I've had the time change happen both embark day and the day after. And it will be the changed early morning of your last sea day. (round trip cruises) - usually. I was on a Carnival sailing a few years ago, with 2 sea days prior to end and it changed the first day.