Anchorage Parking

txwriter

We arrive in Anchorage on May 28th, and we will not be staying downtown. On the days we want to do something downtown, where’s a good place to park if wanting to go to the visitor center and maybe do the trolley ride around?

I assume the museums will have their own parking lots. Please let me know if I’m wrong.

Are there any free lots or is it all pay? Can you park at a hotel if not a guest.

Sorry for the silly questions—just trying to be prepared. We can take a shuttle from the hotel, but I’d like to have more flexibility.

Any help or insight is appreciated.

Parking downtown is pretty affordable...

Pretty sure the Anchorage Museum does not have parking...

None of the downtown hotels have parking... Well, the Clarion Suites at 9th & L. You could park there. It's on the edge of downtown.

Parking downtown is pretty affordable...

Pretty sure the Anchorage Museum does not have parking...

None of the downtown hotels have parking... Well, the Clarion Suites at 9th & L. You could park there. It's on the edge of downtown.

As long as there is parking somewhere...I guess we can figure it out.

Thank you for responding.

Jamie

There are pay lots and metered street parking! Be careful in regards to street meters, as some of them are only 2 hours. So, after 2 hours, you can't just put in more money, you have to move the car to another meter!

Meters are free after 6 p.m.

Here is a link to the parking lot vendor for downtown, including locations and rates!http://www.easyparkalaska.com/on-street-parking/locations-and-rates.aspx

Susan in Anchorage:)

There are pay lots and metered street parking! Be careful in regards to street meters, as some of them are only 2 hours. So, after 2 hours, you can't just put in more money, you have to move the car to another meter!

Meters are free after 6 p.m.

Here is a link to the parking lot vendor for downtown, including locations and rates!http://www.easyparkalaska.com/on-street-parking/locations-and-rates.aspx

Susan,

You are awesome. Thank you so much for this info. We land in Anchorage tomorrow, so your timing is perfect. :)

Jamie

Susan,

You are awesome. Thank you so much for this info. We land in Anchorage tomorrow, so your timing is perfect. :)

Jamie

Safe travels and if you need anything else, just ask!