Upsell

Jane21

Hi

Anyone had any upsell offers to Penthouse or above in last few months?

If yes, could you give me an indication of length of cruise and prices.

Thank you.

We were offered upsells to penthouse, owner’s suite and wintergarden suite twice on this Monday’s 12-day Odyssey cruise (Monaco-Venice). The price was lower the second time around, still nearly $2000 each for the penthouse and a hefty amount for the top suites (still quite a bit cheaper than booking them outright). Recently, there was an offer for $800 each for an upgrade to a V5/6 and we were tempted. However, we ignored the offer and were placed in a V6 anyway.

Linda

We have often received "upsell" offers. On our last cruise (January) we had booked a Penthouse but accepted an 'upsell" to Owners Suite (on Deck 8) because we had never tried one of those before. It was relatively expensive but much cheaper than if we had booked it from the get-go. On the grounds that 'you can't take it with you' we decided to splurge.

A little bit off topic but we would not do an Owners Suite again because the deck/veranda is 1) not really usable when the ship is under way (too much wind) and does not really have any shade. We were also warned off the Owners suites on Deck 6 by an officer with whom we have been friendly for some time.

For our next cruise we have booked a Penthouse Spa suite. We will see how we like that.

Thanks for the responses.

We sailed in a Penthouse on Encore last month and people on board said they had seen some great upsells to our type of suite. I was just wondering did we make a mistake in booking early?

On our last morning we viewed an Owners and Spa Penthouse. We would choose a Spa Penthouse next cruise - looks great !

Thanks for the responses.

We sailed in a Penthouse on Encore last month and people on board said they had seen some great upsells to our type of suite. I was just wondering did we make a mistake in booking early?

On our last morning we viewed an Owners and Spa Penthouse. We would choose a Spa Penthouse next cruise - looks great !

Thing is, you can never count on getting an upsell. If there is space then maybe. If you really want a Penthouse then book one to be sure of getting it.

I got a second upgrade this week. Now we’re in an owner’s suite. Can’t figure out why we were given this gift, but not complaining. Maybe when we get to the dock Miponday, there’ll be a third surprise...

Linda

I got a second upgrade this week. Now we’re in an owner’s suite. Can’t figure out why we were given this gift, but not complaining. Maybe when we get to the dock Miponday, there’ll be a third surprise...

Linda

Fantastic!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums