San Francisco Limo Service

#1Nanna

Hi! I am wanting to book transportation for our Jan 2015 cruise out of San Francisco. We are coming in the day before our cruise leaves, and Princess does not offer transfers the day before, than I can see. Please let me know if I am wrong about that.

Also, Has anyone ever used Nationwide Limousine in San Francisco? They just gave me a really good quote for service from SFO to Fishermans Wharf in an 8 psngr stretch Limo. We are a group of 6 adults and they quoted me a price only slightly higher than a shared shuttle van. Just wondering if anyone can share their experience. Thanks!

Hi! I am wanting to book transportation for our Jan 2015 cruise out of San Francisco. We are coming in the day before our cruise leaves, and Princess does not offer transfers the day before, than I can see. Please let me know if I am wrong about that.

Also, Has anyone ever used Nationwide Limousine in San Francisco? They just gave me a really good quote for service from SFO to Fishermans Wharf in an 8 psngr stretch Limo. We are a group of 6 adults and they quoted me a price only slightly higher than a shared shuttle van. Just wondering if anyone can share their experience. Thanks!

those of us in SF use Uber to get around, usually cheaper and more reliable than other companies. While uber doesn't offer guaranteed limo, they do have Uber SUV which is a black SUV (usually like an Escalade or comparable). From SFO to downtown it is a flat $85 and that includes tip. it is an app on your phone (iphone or android) and you request your car when you get your bags and at SFO it is usually about 5 min for your car to come get you.

let me know if you have questions

those of us in SF use Uber to get around, (snip)

let me know if you have questions

Interesting. I read about Uber all the time but it never would have occurred to me to give them a try :P

How does Uber's fare structure compare to other options for getting to the Fisherman's Wharf area from SFO? My wife and I (and some suitcases) will be making that journey in January and I'm just starting to research my options.

It looks like we'd be good with UberXL or UberBLACK service which would put our ride in the ~$60-70 range. Is that pretty much on par with traditional cab service?

those of us in SF use Uber to get around, usually cheaper and more reliable than other companies. While uber doesn't offer guaranteed limo, they do have Uber SUV which is a black SUV (usually like an Escalade or comparable). From SFO to downtown it is a flat $85 and that includes tip. it is an app on your phone (iphone or android) and you request your car when you get your bags and at SFO it is usually about 5 min for your car to come get you.

It seems that taxi services are up in arms about Uber in Europe :eek:.

In London, our taxi drivers bought central London almost to a stand still while they protested about Uber.

In July in Barcelona, the day we were due to embark on the Regal Princess, all taxi drivers went on strike for 24 hours and so getting to the port was fun :D. Princess arranged more transport for those arriving that day at the airport, but for those already in the city it posed problems. We ended up walking down the Ramblas to the waterfront, where you could pick up a bus to take you into the Port area. Needless to say, the queues there were long!!

Other European cities have had similar protests.

Interesting to hear a positive slant to Uber :).

It seems that taxi services are up in arms about Uber in Europe :eek:.

In London, our taxi drivers bought central London almost to a stand still while they protested about Uber.

In July in Barcelona, the day we were due to embark on the Regal Princess, all taxi drivers went on strike for 24 hours and so getting to the port was fun :D. Princess arranged more transport for those arriving that day at the airport, but for those already in the city it posed problems. We ended up walking down the Ramblas to the waterfront, where you could pick up a bus to take you into the Port area. Needless to say, the queues there were long!!

Other European cities have had similar protests.

Interesting to hear a positive slant to Uber :).

Wherever they start people/cab companies are up in arms, doesn't matter what part of the world. There are lawsuits filed here in Denver by Yellow cab.

Try posting this on the west coast ports board.

Interesting. I read about Uber all the time but it never would have occurred to me to give them a try :P

How does Uber's fare structure compare to other options for getting to the Fisherman's Wharf area from SFO? My wife and I (and some suitcases) will be making that journey in January and I'm just starting to research my options.

It looks like we'd be good with UberXL or UberBLACK service which would put our ride in the ~$60-70 range. Is that pretty much on par with traditional cab service?

I think they are pretty competitively priced if not better than other options. i like that its flat rate, tip included, and no money changes hands. often the cabs will hassle you over using credit or other various things. Uber is the way to go in SF

#1Nanna, we haven't used this one.

I have used Execucar several times in San Francisco and also in Los Angeles and have found their service to be reliable and that they are price competitively.

In case you are interested their web site is http://www.execucar.com

Keith

Thanks for your response. I did check with execucar, but was told that they could not accommodate 6 passengers and luggage.

Uber started a service here in San Antonio. Yellow Cab and others have sued them. The city is siding with the taxi companies against Uber and the police have arrested several of their drivers confiscating their vehicles.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone ever used Nationwide Limousine in San Francisco? They just gave me a really good quote for service from SFO to Fishermans Wharf in an 8 psngr stretch Limo. We are a group of 6 adults and they quoted me a price only slightly higher than a shared shuttle van. Just wondering if anyone can share their experience. Thanks!

Has anyone ever used Nationwide Limousine in San Francisco? They just gave me a really good quote for service from SFO to Fishermans Wharf in an 8 psngr stretch Limo. We are a group of 6 adults and they quoted me a price only slightly higher than a shared shuttle van. Just wondering if anyone can share their experience. Thanks!

When are you cruising? Have you decided to go with this company? We are cruising out of SF the end of March, 2015. If you use them, or whomever, let us know how it went. Still up in the air whom to book!!!

Pooh

When are you cruising? Have you decided to go with this company? We are cruising out of SF the end of March, 2015. If you use them, or whomever, let us know how it went. Still up in the air whom to book!!!

Pooh

We are on the Star - Jan. 3rd, Mexico. I did go ahead and book with Nationwide Limousine. They gave us a really great rate in an 8 person stretch limo. There are 6 adults in our group, and the rate I booked private limo transportation for is about the same as a shared van shuttle. I was pretty happy about that. I will let you know how it is.....

Edited by #1Nanna

• 1 month later...