Hotel Near Port in Seattle?

We aren't cruising out that way until next Sept. but never too early to start planning! Anyone have any favorite hotels not too far from the port in Seattle? We are looking to stay a day or two beforehand since we've never been out that way before. Any suggestions are welcome :)

Which pier? 66 (downtown) is pretty close to plenty of hotels, while 91 doesn't have any within easy walking distance though Seattle Center hotels are generally within a ~$10 cab ride distance.

We like Seattle Center in general - close enough to walk to downtown but with better value - and in that area tend to book the Maxwell for a bit of luxury, La Quinta for a nice cheap hotel, or Mediterranean Inn offseason (great location and a rooftop terrace, very cheap but no AC in most rooms so unless you can tolerate sleeping without it in warm weather less than ideal for cruise season).

Doubtless someone will suggest reposting on West Coast Departures board - I wouldn't do that personally as you'll just end up with two threads to track instead of one, and all the locals tend to check both of these boards plus Alaska, but I would suggest browsing or Searching all three relevant boards. Also Google Map each potential site (input walking directions to sites you plan to visit, e.g. Pike Place Market, to get an idea of the potential for steep hills of which Seattle has MANY) and check reviews on TripAdvisor, which will give you a much stronger idea of the popularity (or lack thereof) and potential issues with any hotel.

Which pier? 66 (downtown) is pretty close to plenty of hotels, while 91 doesn't have any within easy walking distance though Seattle Center hotels are generally within a ~$10 cab ride distance.

We like Seattle Center in general - close enough to walk to downtown but with better value - and in that area tend to book the Maxwell for a bit of luxury, La Quinta for a nice cheap hotel, or Mediterranean Inn offseason (great location and a rooftop terrace, very cheap but no AC in most rooms so unless you can tolerate sleeping without it in warm weather less than ideal for cruise season).

Doubtless someone will suggest reposting on West Coast Departures board - I wouldn't do that personally as you'll just end up with two threads to track instead of one, and all the locals tend to check both of these boards plus Alaska, but I would suggest browsing or Searching all three relevant boards. Also Google Map each potential site (input walking directions to sites you plan to visit, e.g. Pike Place Market, to get an idea of the potential for steep hills of which Seattle has MANY) and check reviews on TripAdvisor, which will give you a much stronger idea of the popularity (or lack thereof) and potential issues with any hotel.

I have no problem taking cabs or ubers if need be to the pier. Just curious to see if anyone has any favorites that are near places I'd want to see in Seattle (first time being there).

I will check out what you suggested, thanks!

If cost isn't an issue, The Inn at the Market is a very nice boutique hotel that is central to downtown and the waterfront. The Fairmont is very nice as well. Our two favorites when we can get a decent rate.

I have sailed out of Seattle twice (Pier 91). I have stayed at The Hotel Sorrento and the Sheraton. The Sheraton's location was a very easy walk to Pike Place Market. The Hotel Sorrento was also walkable, but a longer walk with more hills. Both hotels were excellent. The Hotel Sorrento has a lot of character and the Sheraton's location was great. I would choose either of them again.

I am currently considering a West Coast cruise out of Seattle next September.

We are doing the Sept 22, 2018 out of Seattle on Ruby Princess. I too, am already planning so, I'll be following this thread!

On Princess you will be leaving from pier 91 and there are no hotels near to it. I would be planning on staying downtown, especially if you want to do some sightseeing, and then cab or Uber to the pier for embarkation. Do be aware that for some Seattle seems pricey but thats what happens in tourist cities, i'm in the Bay Area so we're used to it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Years ago when we were on a ship in port, from our balcony we could see a close-by hotel that was built on piers out over the water. We found out that it was the Edgewater Hotel and vowed to come back and stay there one day. We did, and it was lovely - gorgeous views, good location (we walked to Pike Market when we were a little younger!), had lovely rooms and even a great restaurant. It's been a number of years ago, so check current reviews on TripAdvisor, but it's worth looking into for a special place to stay.