A TOUR from Lax to Long beach???

1newf1not

HI!!!

We want to get a tour the day before the Cruise. We arrive at 12 noon...

and I have just spent over an hour googling....they only thing I found was

A tour from MArriot near LAX...5 hours $49..but they won't take us to Long Beach...so...they will drop us off at Union Station? Eek...kinda a pain.

Anyone know of a private? Or smaller bus? Or taxi service that will give us both a drive and TOUR?

We don't need a crazy tour...but we want to see STUFF ;)

Thanks ..yet...again....

we are renting a car after the crusie for a trip to Universal :)

Did you try Grayline (or Greyline) tours? I have to believe there are tons and tons of LA tours? Maybe advance google with "Long Beach" and not Los Angeles. (I've got too many windows open right now -- actually doing some word processing and other work at the same time -- else I would give you better links).

If you are open to renting a car before the cruise, check out both of these threads. Some car rental companies let you pick up a car at LAX and drop it off at the pier.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=511653&highlight=driving

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=567043

Curt Jerome Wild researched and wrote these himself, and having lived in the area myself for several years I think they are perfect for those with a day or two if you are willing to drive yourself. You might also start a new thread titled "Curt!! Help me please!" and then ask specific questions.

BTW - I don't work for Curt....In fact I've never met him, but we joke around in the Floataway Lounge and he is very knowledgeable about the LA area.

Good luck and have a great cruise!

Well...we were GOING to rent a car...but we thought WOW there has to be a shuttle that will bring us to the hotel.....after a tour of some kind?

Hmmm I have already called a few places I found on line...but I haven't given up yet!!!

Thanks for the help!!

There are tours you can get that will go round trip to LA sights from various LAX airport area hotels, but I know of none that will pick you up at LAX and drop you in the port area. If you want to do this, suggest you change your hotel to the LAX area, do your tour, then take a cab or shuttle to the port the next day.

Thanks everyone!!

We have changed our minds sooo much on this ...BUT I think we are going to stick with the LAX hotel area instead of heading on down to the cruise area....that way ...we can get tours that will return us to the hotel and we can shuttle it down to the boat in the AM.

Thanks again... :)

Archived