Regent Seven Seas "SuiteGuru" - quick reviews & ratings of Regent Seven Seas suites!

Quick question please. Power in the cabins= American or European or both to power your computers or cell phones? first time on Regent.

Christopher,

Both, but many people feel that there are too few US style outlets. I’ve personally never had a problem as most chargers today will accept multiple input voltages do as long as you have a few US to European plug adapters you’ll be fine. Some people also suggest bringing an outlet strip but if you do make sure it’s not s surge protector as those are fire hazards and not permitted.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m not feeling the love with the spreadsheet, so posting my suite info here...

Mariner Concierge Suite #944

It was a very acceptable suite. Conveniently located midway between the elevators. Others have spoken about the lack of cabinets in the living area after the refurbish, but we found there to be plenty of storage in closets and drawers for our 14 day cruise. Great arrangement of outlets and plenty for our needs. I did use our universal adapter, but never needed our extension. I would have liked some kind of a chair, instead of two “hassocks”, but it worked. Nice bathroom with shower only. Great shower with rain shower head and separate hand held.

• Like 1

I’m not feeling the love with the spreadsheet, so posting my suite info here...

Mariner Concierge Suite #944

It was a very acceptable suite. Conveniently located midway between the elevators. Others have spoken about the lack of cabinets in the living area after the refurbish, but we found there to be plenty of storage in closets and drawers for our 14 day cruise. Great arrangement of outlets and plenty for our needs. I did use our universal adapter, but never needed our extension. I would have liked some kind of a chair, instead of two “hassocks”, but it worked. Nice bathroom with shower only. Great shower with rain shower head and separate hand held.

No worries, this works, too! I updated the sheet and took a guess at your recommendation, I selected ‘Probably’ - let me know if you’d like that changed. Thanks for your input!

No worries, this works, too! I updated the sheet and took a guess at your recommendation, I selected ‘Probably’ - let me know if you’d like that changed. Thanks for your input!

Sorry I forgot that piece. Recommendation is Absolutely!

PENTHOUSE SUITES ON SEVEN SEAS MARINER

Some guests looking to book a PH on Mariner may find the image below of use:

a7071788da1898b284ef769aaa4dfdbf.jpg

In some of the suites there is a structural post between the bed and the couch.

Some like to avoid these suites as the post can catch an unwary elbow when going to the bathroom during the night! :eek:

Others like the post as they can use it to steady themselves during rough weather. :)

Acknowledgement: The data is based on the useful research conducted by Travelcat2 and posted on CC previously.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by flossie009

Review of Suite 923, Mariner—Starboard Fwd; 449 sq. ft.; 1 bathroom; walk-in shower with handheld and rain shower; noise—none!; absolutely recommend; comments—good internet access (for Regent :)); convenient location, really liked this suite.

Bill, edit as you need to; glad to answer any questions. Jan

Hi Bill

Just noticed I never commented on our last sailing. Transatlantic on Explorer. We splurged to the Explorer suite -918. I think you know it has

1 1/2 baths, nice bedroom, fabulous living room, dining room, bar area and huge deck with an L shaped sofa, table and chairs and lounge chairs. The master bath has a whirlpool tub and large walk in shower and double sinks.

It was fabulous. No noise at all. Conveniently located near the elevator, mid ship and suites above and below us.

Would absolutely recommend it to everyone.

Thanks

Sheila

Bill,

Was there a problem with our reviews offered in post #132 above? :confused: :(

Yes, yes there was. I get very jealous of people who cruise more than I do, so I thought I’d make you wait..you know, sweat a little...

Seriously, I saw this come in a few days ago and just got caught up and missed it - my apologies, and thanks for following up - good write ups!!

Yes, yes there was. I get very jealous of people who cruise more than I do, so I thought I’d make you wait..you know, sweat a little...

Seriously, I saw this come in a few days ago and just got caught up and missed it - my apologies, and thanks for following up - good write ups!!

Bill,

Absolutely no need to apologise ........... you are doing a great job (y)

However, if you don't speed things up we may have to review your payment for the task .................. what do you mean you haven't received ............. I'm sure that $5 tip was attached properly to the spreadsheet ................ maybe I still owe you a :whiskey-glass: ............. :o:o:o

• 2 weeks later...

Concierge Suite 1024 on Explorer: Some noise from chairs scraping above in pool grill, during lunch service. Brief period of scraping noise in early morning and late at night, setting up chairs. Would probably recommend if the above doesn't bother you.

Wonderful wide balcony. Easy access to elevator.

Mariner

Cabin # Category Reviewed By Mo/Yr Reviewed Port/Starboard/Mid Fwd/Mid/Aft Sq Ft (if known) Cabin/Balcony # Bathrooms Tub/Shower/Both/Combination Noise issues? Recommend? Comments/positives/negatives/concerns 927 Penthouse B MPCakes May 2018 Starboard Mid 1 Tub/Shower Combo Very Quiet Maybe Great Location. Shower/Tub Combo was not great. Tub wall must have 24 inches high. Room was nice after the 04/18 Refurb.

• 3 weeks later...

Bill,

From our recent Mariner cruise from SFO to Vancouver:

1105 - PH A - Portolan/Loomer - May 18 - Starboard - Fwd - 376/73 sq ft (suite/balcony) - 1 - Shower - Minor sounds of walking from deck above (side log by Observation Lounge, not on regular walking circuit - Absolutely - Post dry dock, suite was in great shape with nice layout and location

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Regarding our fantastic Mariner cabin on our May 23 cruise from Seward to Vancouver:

#1010, 1.5 baths, comfortable shower, large, high tub (it was great, but we are tall!), very quiet, great location, absolutely recommend, beautiful cabin, only minor negative was the relatively small (89 square ft) balcony. Fine for two people. Heating system needed repair the first day. Otherwise perfect! Thank you for your work in compiling the spreadsheet, Bill.

Hello,

Regarding our fantastic Mariner cabin on our May 23 cruise from Seward to Vancouver:

#1010, 1.5 baths, comfortable shower, large, high tub (it was great, but we are tall!), very quiet, great location, absolutely recommend, beautiful cabin, only minor negative was the relatively small (89 square ft) balcony. Fine for two people. Heating system needed repair the first day. Otherwise perfect! Thank you for your work in compiling the spreadsheet, Bill.

Gotcha, thanks! Sorry for the delay - quarter end, got busy. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Bill, I'm very low tech, so not exactly sure what to do here, but I do want to add my 2cents to your kind suite information site.

We were in 817 on Explorer and for sure liked the slightly larger, angled balcony. Room darkened nicely and was comfortable in most ways. A drawback for us was that the bedroom seemed quite cramped with the dividing curtain drawn — smaller bedroom space than on Mariner and Voyager. Also didn't like the shower as well as one on Mariner (no seat and smaller).

Biggest drawback: view out the sliding glass doors seemed more constrained than on the other ships because of the broken up space on that side of the suite. We felt more closed in on Explorer than on Voyage or Mariner. Everything else about the suite was wonderful (and I suspect your site isn't the place for the details I just noted).

Thanks for all your work on this!

• 2 weeks later...
I got the app. But I now understand why I couldn't post.

Here's the info for:

Explorer- F1- #737--- mid ship. Low deck. Great location for transatlantic. Loved the bathroom. Never hit my head on the tv when it was turned toward the beds. Smaller depth of balcony than other F1 and D,E concierge. But comfortable enough. Small sofa. We had an extra chair opposite sofa. Enough drawer space. Loved the Transatlantic in November 2016. Go for it. Best ship we ever sailed.

We are sailing again on November Transatlantic in Explorer suite -#920. Checked it out when we were onboard last trip. Mid ship. 1 1/2 baths. Powder room at entrance to suite. Great looking bedroom. Living/dining room. Thought master bath sinks in F1 was nicer.. Large Whirlpool tub as you enter. Beautiful balcony, lovely furniture. Will fill in after sailing.

Mariner - P-C- #831- mid ship. Great location. Low deck. We did CPT-CPT - December 2015. Small bathroom. But we had a shower instead of tub. Large closet. Tv located in sitting area but swivels toward beds. Lots of storage room. But I don't know if it was refurbished since then. Adequate balcony.

Booked #913- almost mid ship. Same suite. Caribbean. April 2017. Will advise next month after sailing.

Navigator - P-C #917- forward. Cruise was in the Caribbean. Smooth sailing. So it was ok. Nice but smallest suite we have been in. Most suites are the same with different color decor. Sailed before refurbishment was done.

Booked again- #925. - almost mid ship - next year for North Atlantic. Hope it's not too bad.

As you can see, we book Penthouse or higher. We splurge because we love the butler. Can do without but why?

Let me know if you need more information.

Regards

Sheila

We are staying in 737 on Aug 14. Thank you for the review. We will be three as we are taking our youngest son just before he he goes to university. Not ideal but....family first. Thank again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums