Website issues

gnomie1

I still can't see the cruise details of my B2B on Mariner next April. Still being redirected to the home page.

Yes when I go to look at our booked cruises we definitely get redirected to the home page looking at the second booking.

Wonder if the ‘testers’ tested for a multiple booking scenario.

Pretty basic problems but in all honesty, all requests seem to work out in the end so I am a bit annoyed but no big deal.

Pat and Marg

Janet and Golfgirls...That was my problem for a very long time. However when our Dining Reservations opened, I was suddenly able to view the booking, and have been since. Maybe that's the key. Once something opens up for booking, it opens your booking for viewing.

Although anecdotal, these are adding up to a hopeful trend. I am now able to view upcoming Explorer btb daily itineraries on both segments; as well as similar on a future Splendor booking.

Thanks, Jason for your continued attention to this matter. Now that I have your attention--a completely different random thought, which was recently shared with Ray Solaire while aboard Navigator (and included in my wife and my mid-cruise and final evaluation(s) while on that great cruise).

To borrow a bit from that SNL classic routine between Christopher Walken and Will Ferrell: "I'm paying for this recording session, and I need to hear more cowbells!" I would change cowbells to more classical music offerings from the very-gifted performers you employ on these cruises. More specific information was provided in our evaluations.

Sorry for the above off-thread detour. Actually, not really. Best to all.

GOARMY!

Jason,

If you want feedback, 'ALPHA' or 'BETA' the new website. For those unfamiliar, Alpha testing is typically done in-house for web based products. BETA testing is usually open to a specific audience that know how to test for website anomalies. Through good, honestAlpha and Beta testers you get a much better product.

Hmmm. Just went on to the RSSC site via my iPhone vs my iPad and can see the reservation and excursion that I wanted to book. Unfortunately it seems that others figured this out before I did as 2 of 3 excursions in St Helena are fully booked. Took the open one and will work Destinations onboard!

Guess it pays to try all modes of access but a note to Regent that is not the best of the best customer experiences!

Pat and Marg

Jason:

Thanks for the update:

Just a couple of things:

1) as mentioned above, I also was unable to access my booking on my ipad. I tried on my notebook (PC - Win 7 Prof) using Chrome and although able to see my booking, it was difficult to review the excursions.

2) changed over to Firefox and was able to book most of my excursions, however, there was a red warning on each page as follows: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

3) I completed agree with mdunne48 - Regent should consider reaching out to regular RSSC.com users who are experienced Beta testers and know what to look for and how to report it - in the end it will result in not only a better website, but an overall more positive experience for the Regent customer.

gnomie :)

Edited by gnomie1
I broke my finger (doing laundry!) and finding it tough to type with one hand!

Have to disagree about "experienced" beta testers. The website needs to work for the everyday Regent passengers which is likely a high percentage of Regent customers. Having a website that meets the requirements of advanced users, could leave the rest of us in the dark.

I use an iMac, Windows based computer, an iPad, a MacBook Air and three Kindles to look up and book excursions, book restaurants, do research on different itineraries, etc. and have little to no issues. While I am not a fan of the "Oceania copy) Regent website and prefer what we had before, it is definitely usable.

If/when Regent is going to have a website problem, it is usually a problem that affects all of us. So, if you are going to use beta testers, may I suggest using a variety of passengers ..... not only experienced ones.

Note: I was part of a group of beta testers when Cruise Critic changed their website and also tried to answer questions for CC members that were having difficulty with the new format. I could not believe how picky some people were. There were at least two threads which said that the "white" background on CC isn't white anymore (which was not true - it was an issue with the computer settings).

In any case, if you ask every CC member on the Regent board, you will likely get a different response from most of them. Just do what is logical for the majority of Regent customers and the rest of the people will learn to cope. As has been said many times, cruise line websites are more complex than we (we meaning the majority of us) know which is likely why every cruise line website I visit is disappointing and confusing while almost every non-cruise related websites are just fine!

Jason:

I spoke too soon - while I am able to select excursions, I am unable to proceed to checkout. Tried many options, including clearing the cache and starting over, tried EI, but am unable to checkout to add to my account.

gnomie

Regent has kept its promise to us. We could not see details of ourJanuary BtoB cruise online and after complaining to Regent they said that the issue would be resolved by August. It has and we were able to book and confirm a couple more excursions.

Hi Jason:

Any update on the website - although we can see the cruise in question on our account and it states that excursions have been booked, the email confirmations received show no excursions have been booked.

Thanks

gnomie :)