Mariner Exercise Class Schedule

honeyhead

Does anyone have a current exercise class schedule for the Mariner? I’m trying to decide whether or not to pack tennis shoes. If the classes are early in the morning then I will but if they are in the afternoon I probably won’t. Thanks!

If there are no scheduled classes, you can always work out on the exercise machines or do walking laps outside on the deck. I did this plus walked up and down many flights of stairs as much as possible and returned home a pound thinner.

honeyhead; Welcome to cruise critic and welcome to the Regent board.

Yes, there are morning and afternoon fitness classes on board all Regent ships.

When is your Mariner voyage? If it is after early October, will post a copy of the Miami

to Honolulu fitness class schedule when we board October 10th. Now for some general

fitness class information.

There will be a dedicated fitness instructor on the Mariner (and all Regent ships) for your voyage.

Generally, she/he will have a published a daily fitness class schedule (placed in a Plexiglas holder) on top of the fitness desk as you enter. Some of the fitness class offerings include; Pilates, yoga, indoor cycling, stretching,

sunrise walk with the fitness instructor. Plus, the instructor also offers private classes/instruction, for a fee.

You can also take the fitness orientation class for your voyage presented by this instructor on embarkation day (usually mid afternoon). There will be paper copies of the fitness schedule for your voyage that you can take with you back to your suite for future reference.

Ida usually takes morning fitness classes with the instructor (e.g., stretching, Pilates and sunrise walk with the fitness instructor) I usually take the afternoon indoor cycling class--generally offered on sea days. We have both take Yoga classes in the afternoon.

Echo Pinksunset and Rachel's posts above; taking the stairs as often as you are able complements your structured fitness class participation. Also, absolutely relish walking on the top deck of the Regent ship (prefer the Voyager--almost a complete promenade running/walking track). Have even been passed by Rachel and George walking before.

Hope you have a wonderful Mariner cruise.

Thank you all for the wonderful information!

We are on the Sept 2 Alaska sailing (Seward to Vancouver) with another couple and are beyond excited. This will be our first Regents cruise as well as our first Alaskan cruise. We used always sail RCL and then a couple years ago sailed Seabourn and fell in love with that type of experience. I'm sure we will love Regents just much.

Thanks again! I will definitely be bringing my tennis shoes! Any other tips or suggestions will great appreciated.

I know my sample size is only 1, but our cruise was to Alaska in 2016 and there were no fitness classes on our sailing (no fitness instructor at all).

I believe I recall that there was some issue, but can't confirm if was planned or unplanned.

However, there is a gym (though very small) and many people walked on the top deck, so bringing tennis shoes is a good idea!

I know my sample size is only 1, but our cruise was to Alaska in 2016 and there were no fitness classes on our sailing (no fitness instructor at all).

I believe I recall that there was some issue, but can't confirm if was planned or unplanned.

However, there is a gym (though very small) and many people walked on the top deck, so bringing tennis shoes is a good idea!

I have never been on a Regent cruise which didn’t have a fitness instructor, and I have over 200 days onboard including Alaska twice. So there must have been some emergency issue.

• 2 months later...

New to Regent - hope to be scheduling our first cruise for fall, 2019.  Is there an additional charge for fitness classes?  Do you need to sign up for classes the first day you are onboard?

thanks for any info

-Jerie