Cabin selection Regent Explorer

Ceilknits

We are in the process of booking a TransAtlantic on the Explorer and are between choosing a F1, F2, or Concierge Cabin. Not sure if the additional cost of the Concierge cabin is worth it? We will not need pre cruise hotel amenity. Thanks in advance!

Grade F2 are excellent suites unless you have the need for any of the extras that come with the Concierge level.

F, D and E grade suites on Explorer are all the same size and layout; some have deeper balconies

As well as the pre-cruise hotel (for which you can take a small credit if not required) the Concierge level suites come with the following extras:

• Wi-Fi - four logins, four devices
  • 15 mins phone time
  • Priority (i.e. earlier) pre-booking for shore excursions and speciality restaurants
  • 10% discount on premium wines/spirits & 5% discount on Regent Choice excursions
  • Binoculars, illy espresso machine and cashmere blankets in the suite
  • Complementary Tote Bag

Thanks, Flossie009. All depends on the location: We'll have to see what's available. I do like the several WiFi device perc: we've been hit with extra wi-fi charges from other cruises in the past.

Appreciate your response!

We have sailed on Explorer 3 times; twice was Concierge (Cabin E608) and the other an F1 on Deck 9 for a TA. Loved the cabins and the ship. Understand that you do not need a pre-cruise hotel that comes with Concierge BUT they may be other benefits that are significant to you. If you are using Regent Air, you can come to the embarkation port a day early without paying the deviation fees. For me, the huge Concierge cabin veranda was a joy.

There are 4 forward elevators (compared to 2 aft) that were always convenient.

Enjoy

The thing that Concierge level has better for the most part, as far as I'm concerned, its a bigger balcony. Frankly, we didnt use it that much on the crossing. Between F1 and F2 , main difference is that F1 are a bit more mid ship. The two times we've been on Explorer we have been on F2 , cabin 912 ( which has an angled balcony, thus bigger than standard F2s). Unfortunately those cabins were already booked for this cruise, so we're in an F2 with a "normal" balcony, not a problem. Be careful about booking any cabin on deck 10, which is bellow pool area and Culinary school. People report noise from moving equipment, chairs , etc on deck 11.

Be careful about booking any cabin on deck 10, which is bellow pool area and Culinary school. People report noise from moving equipment, chairs , etc on deck 11.

Good point :)

When looking at available suites check what is above and below

............... and refer to SuiteGuru

Hi, i can only comment on the one time we have been on The Explorer and we were in suite 909 (F2)

We did try for the 4 with the bigger balconies but they were sold out a year in advance i guess with it being fairly new they were sold out quickly.

We were delighted with the suite and much bigger than the Concierge on other ships, the bed facing the window is a really nice touch and the room feels very spacious.

We were quite close to the front of the ship and is was really accessible to the laundrette and also the lifts. If i remember correctly, the aft of the ship doesn't have lifts all the way down to Compass Rose but maybe i am remembering that wrong.

Anyway it is a beautiful ship and hope you enjoy whatever you chose.

Pam.

Good points cruiseluv. We find those suites very comfortable and have learned first hand not to be below several places on ships (including being below dining venues).

I want to mention priority dining reservations again. We do get priority dining reservations due to both our Seven Seas Society status and suite category. For the first time I forgot to book reservations for our November cruise (reservations opened at midnight Eastern Daylight Savings time). Typically I am online 9:00 p.m. (west coast) and book right at midnight. This morning (around noon EDT) I went to book excursions and on most the days that we were interested in, the only reservations were at 9:00 p.m. I did find a couple of nights that I could book earlier but wish that I hadn't waited 12 hours to make the reservations.

As others will tell you, there are reservations that are held back to accommodate passengers that did not book online. However, it is difficult to get the time and table size that you would like. So, in terms of booking a concierge suite, it does make a difference in terms of booking dining and excursion reservations.