Regent Voyager Nov Monte Carlo to Barcelona

tammykva123

My husband and I are new to Regent. We are truly overwhelmed by the choices of excursions in each port. So some advice would be really appreciated.

Please let us know what was your favorite (or what to avoid) Voyager "included" excursions in :

Florence/Pisa

Rome (Civitavecchia)

Naples/Pompeii

Provence (Marseille)

Palma de Mallorca

We will be staying one day early (pre cruise) in Monte Carlo - what is a must see there?

How about Barcelona - what is a must see there?

We have never been to Europe we are pretty excited about our trip but we have not clue what to expect.

Any good tips for us?

Thanks for any help.

:D

In Mallorca we took a tour that coupled a walking city tour with a trip inland for tapas, sangria and a flamenco display. That was an excellent excursion. It was a Regent choice tour, so there was a charge, but as I recall it was under $100 and well worth it.

When we were in Marseille (or maybe it was in Nice) we took the excursion that went to Cassis. The tour dropped you off in Cassis, and you were on your own after that. They had a large shaded outdoor market which was fun, and we also strolled the beach, shopped, and killed an hour on a seaside cafe's patio. This was our last day on an extremely hot and port intensive cruise, and the ability to go at our own (slow) pace was appreciated. This was an included excursion, and we enjoyed it a lot.

We are booked on the same cruise so if you go to the roll call thread you can register for the meet and great. :D

We have booked our excursions but we have been to all ports except Naples and Majorca. One of the posters on the roll call is organising a private tour in Monte Carlo that you may want to take advantage of.

If you haven't been to Florence and Rome you should do the tour that takes you into the centre of both and shows the sights you want to see. We are going on the HOHO bus in Rome and a wine tour of some description in Florence. First time in Florence go see David etc and we can point you to a pretty cool little restaurant that isn't a tourist trap in the middle of town.

Naples you have 3 choices Pompeii, Capri or Positano. These seem to be the three main sights people want to see. Naples also appears to be interesting so you may want to explore there a little as well.

Marseille is basically the Vieux Port or the Nortre Dame de la gaurde (sp). We have chosen to go into Provence to have a look at the villages.

Barcelona is fantastic and he must sees are La Sagrada Famiglia (sp), a couple of the Gaudi houses, the Gothis Quarter, Picasso Museum, La Rambla(and the market), the central square and Parc Guell. If you have time the trip to Montserrat is well worth the day.

In Mallorca we took a tour that coupled a walking city tour with a trip inland for tapas, sangria and a flamenco display. That was an excellent excursion. It was a Regent choice tour, so there was a charge, but as I recall it was under $100 and well worth it.

When we were in Marseille (or maybe it was in Nice) we took the excursion that went to Cassis. The tour dropped you off in Cassis, and you were on your own after that. They had a large shaded outdoor market which was fun, and we also strolled the beach, shopped, and killed an hour on a seaside cafe's patio. This was our last day on an extremely hot and port intensive cruise, and the ability to go at our own (slow) pace was appreciated. This was an included excursion, and we enjoyed it a lot.

Thanks for you suggestions .

We are booked on the same cruise so if you go to the roll call thread you can register for the meet and great. :D

We have booked our excursions but we have been to all ports except Naples and Majorca. One of the posters on the roll call is organising a private tour in Monte Carlo that you may want to take advantage of.

If you haven't been to Florence and Rome you should do the tour that takes you into the centre of both and shows the sights you want to see. We are going on the HOHO bus in Rome and a wine tour of some description in Florence. First time in Florence go see David etc and we can point you to a pretty cool little restaurant that isn't a tourist trap in the middle of town.

Naples you have 3 choices Pompeii, Capri or Positano. These seem to be the three main sights people want to see. Naples also appears to be interesting so you may want to explore there a little as well.

Marseille is basically the Vieux Port or the Nortre Dame de la gaurde (sp). We have chosen to go into Provence to have a look at the villages.

Barcelona is fantastic and he must sees are La Sagrada Famiglia (sp), a couple of the Gaudi houses, the Gothis Quarter, Picasso Museum, La Rambla(and the market), the central square and Parc Guell. If you have time the trip to Montserrat is well worth the day.

Thank you so much, great suggestions.

I have a suggestion for Rome. Decide if you want to see inside the Vatican Museum (includes Sistine Chapel) and St Peters Or not. There are only a few options that allow you to do this. You only have limited time so it’s impossible to do it all. My goal on my first trip to Rome was to see the Sistine Chapel. I was able to accomplish that and I was happy. Your goal might be something else. Choose that one or two things and figure out how to make it happen within your budget.

For Naples we chose Capri over Pompeii. Again it depends upon your interests. Just a delightful day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have a suggestion for Rome. Decide if you want to see inside the Vatican Museum (includes Sistine Chapel) and St Peters Or not. There are only a few options that allow you to do this. You only have limited time so it’s impossible to do it all. My goal on my first trip to Rome was to see the Sistine Chapel. I was able to accomplish that and I was happy. Your goal might be something else. Choose that one or two things and figure out how to make it happen within your budget.

For Naples we chose Capri over Pompeii. Again it depends upon your interests. Just a delightful day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you