Blogging Arctic Splendors cruise on the Navigator

Just booked th Norway/Arctic portion of this cruise for 2020. Can you give me a rough estimate of the temperatures? The 2020 cruise is scheduled for about the same time of year. We will probably stay in Europe for a few weeks either before or after so I hate to bring unnecessary cold weather gear. Also, how is Navigator handling the rough seas?

I absolutely love your very literate blog! Thanks.

Jennifer

Thanks Jennifer.

We've had quite a few days with temperatures in the 40s, and a good bit of rain. I was very happy for my warm, waterproof jacket at the North Cape and in a couple of other ports. And a warm hat.

The seas have not been bad. You do feel the motion a bit more on Navigator than on the other ships, but it isn't awful.

Peggy, Wes and everyone:

Ok— here’s the update.

Dinner last night in CR was like coming back to your favorite restaurant. All choices were a home run. Service perfect. Enjoyed the entertainer.

Sitting on the pool deck this afternoon in Lyeskel Sweden. Skipped tour. Relaxing. Enjoying the sea air.

No luggage for me yet.

I dont know who’s fault it is. Will ignore money issue until we get home. Happy to be here.

Sheila, did you ever get your luggage? Hope you are having a fantastic time

Sheila, did you ever get your luggage? Hope you are having a fantastic time

Hi Diana

NO— never got luggage. You would have laughed at my quirky dinner outfits. Herb shared his dinner shirts with me. BTW- nobody cared what I was wearing. Loving the journey. We had bought a few items of clothing in Copenhagen. Sweats and rainfear. I wore Herb’s ultra down jacket and Regent gave him a warm jacket. So we were warm on the tours.

I Forgot how much we liked the Navigator, clubby and intimate. Everyone is so friendly.

Almost over— we fly home from Amsterdam in four days.

Sheila

Oh Sheila,

I didn't realize the luggage didn't make it - I'm glad you're handling it so well - better than most!

Regent passengers are basically nice people so when something like this arises, everyone understands.

I assume the lost luggage will meet you at home . . . .

Peggy

Echo the sincere Kudos of the previous posters in the midst of yourlost luggage Bellagio Cruisers/Sheila (and Herb). Y'all have set a very good example for all of us being creative with Herb's shirts and maintaining such a positive "tude." Hope the last few days on board the Navigator are terrific. Safe travels home for Herb and you.

And do hope Peggy/xrvlvcruiser is exactly right and your luggage meets you at home.

Word has it that Sheila received her baggage yesterday--just in time for disembarkation in a couple of days. She's been a real trouper about it all!

The blog is updated through Norway. This entry is mostly photos. https://summertimechilling.blogspot.com/2018/08/words-fail-norway.html

Yup! Got the luggage just in time to fly home on Tuesday morning. This has been some journey for us.

* lost luggage

* expensive clothes shopping in Copenhagen

* lost wallet - Herb - in Russia. found two days later onboard

* credit card fraud for $$$. Chase stopped card immediately

* fell off my scooter today. Badly scraped. No broken bones, I hope.

So many folks on this ship have been just wonderful. The crew helped so much. So many people expressed love and caring.

Some things are fated to happen.

I will never forget this journey. But there are also such fond memories.

Just want to get home safely now and laugh about this next week!

Hugs to everyone

Sheila

Yup! Got the luggage just in time to fly home on Tuesday morning. This has been some journey for us.

* lost luggage

* expensive clothes shopping in Copenhagen

* lost wallet - Herb - in Russia. found two days later onboard

* credit card fraud for $$$. Chase stopped card immediately

* fell off my scooter today. Badly scraped. No broken bones, I hope.

So many folks on this ship have been just wonderful. The crew helped so much. So many people expressed love and caring.

Some things are fated to happen.

I will never forget this journey. But there are also such fond memories.

Just want to get home safely now and laugh about this next week!

Hugs to everyone

Sheila

My goodness, what a trip and you still have such an upbeat attitude.

You are a remarkable woman and hope the fall has no further consequences.

Hope you can dress to impress for the last few days and have a safe travel home.

Pam.

Word has it that Sheila received her baggage yesterday--just in time for disembarkation in a couple of days. She's been a real trouper about it all!

The blog is updated through Norway. This entry is mostly photos. https://summertimechilling.blogspot.com/2018/08/words-fail-norway.html

Enjoying your blog! We will be doing the North Cape/Norway segment next summer. Your pictures increase our enthusiasm, thank you.

Also happy that you got your luggage. You beat my record of 10 days without luggage which isn't a good record to beat. I certainly know what it is like and also know and appreciate how great the crew can be in those type of situations.

It is quite coincidental that our Norway cruise (Stockholm to Copenhagen) had 30 people with lost luggage. I'm sure that you will remember this cruise fondly - as we do our Norwegian cruise. The missing luggage part of the cruise eventually goes to the recesses of your mind and the good part remains. It was one of our favorite cruises - despite the lost luggage.

BTW, who was the G.M. on your cruise? Just curious.

Glad your luggage has eventually arrived. Hope you are recovered from your fall from the scooter. You are certainly an inspiration to us all regarding your positive and upbeat attitude. Enjoy the last few days of this cruise and take care. Jean

Also happy that you got your luggage.

BTW, who was the G.M. on your cruise? Just curious.

Franck. He was simply great. We had only one down jacket for both of us so he gave us a warm Regent jacket. We both were toasty for all the northern tours. ( we had purchased sweats in Copenhagen because no luggage had arrived at the Marriott).

I was really pretty banged up yesterday when I fell and my scooter fell on top of me. Bad cut on my leg and lots of bruises elsewhere.

We are in Amsterdam today. Not able to tour but we have been here several times before.

Looking forward to being on the plane tomorrow and flying home.

It’s been quite a journey for us.

Sheila and Herb

:D

Franck. He was simply great. We had only one down jacket for both of us so he gave us a warm Regent jacket. We both were toasty for all the northern tours. ( we had purchased sweats in Copenhagen because no luggage had arrived at the Marriott).

I was really pretty banged up yesterday when I fell and my scooter fell on top of me. Bad cut on my leg and lots of bruises elsewhere.

We are in Amsterdam today. Not able to tour but we have been here several times before.

Looking forward to being on the plane tomorrow and flying home.

It’s been quite a journey for us.

Sheila and Herb

Happy journey home!