Cigars on Voyager! And I got the BOOT!!!

Thank you for all the advice with my foot issue! The Doctor fitted me with a removable boot so now wearing long pants should be no problem!!

Cigar selection on board: Is there a big variety? and would it be allowed to be able to smoke our own in the Connoisseur lounge.

Thank you again!!

I know there are some cigars for sale but I don't smoke cigars so I don't know about the variety. You absolutely can smoke your own cigars to your hearts content in the Connoisseur lounge. There are matches, usually wood strips to light your cigar if you are a purist, ashtrays and usually drink service.

There is quite a variety of cigars and at quite a range of prices. I smoke small cigars (Cafe Creme) and smoked them without issue in the Connoisseur Lounge (as well as on Deck 11) - accompanied by grappa/brandy/single malts in profusion. It was great to have a cigar and a good drink after the wonderful dinners they served.

El Capitan - I can "second" and confirm the information that "Johnthesailor" provided. There are cigars available on board in the Connoisseur lounge. At least there where that last time I was in there a couple of years ago. But I would not rely upon the cigars provided by Regent. If you have favorite "sticks" that you normally purchase at home, I would strongly suggest bringing them with you. Good/high-end cigars (like single-malt scotch) tend to be a very individualized and personal choice. The Voyager only had a limited variety/number and I also wouldn't guarantee how fresh they were or whether they were kept under optimum temp and humidity controls. There will not be that many cigar aficionados on a continuing basis among the passengers, so the inventory turnover and freshness cannot be relied upon.

So if you have "favorites", bring them with you. There is absolutely no problem in bringing your own and taking them down to the Connoisseur Club to smoke. You might want to bring your own cutter, as well. One of the advantages to the Club is that you won't have to put up with any of the snide comments or evil looks (out on the pool deck) that you might randomly encounter (which I have) from the "anti-smoking crowd"... of which there are many. For some reason, chain smoking cigarettes and enjoying a good occasional cigar - which are 2 completely different experiecnes, often get lumped into the same "bucket". The Club offers a nice, pleasant venue to enjoy a good "stick", along with a favorite drink, with fellow cigar enthusiasts in a calm and relaxed atmosphere.

I've spent many enjoyable hours in the CC and have enjoyed many good conversations with fellow like-minded cruisers. It is a shame that the CC was done away with on my favorite ship - Navigator. Best Regards.

As someone who has not smoked in years, I might be tempted to spoil myself with a nice cigar after an especially nice evening. I am sure there is major variance in pricing, but does anyone recall what the Regent provided cigars price ranges are on Voyager specifically?

• 2 weeks later...
As someone who has not smoked in years, I might be tempted to spoil myself with a nice cigar after an especially nice evening. I am sure there is major variance in pricing, but does anyone recall what the Regent provided cigars price ranges are on Voyager specifically?

493684088834efd8867a6f04163c6651.jpg!

Very good prices!! Nice selection too!!! Unless you don’t like their selection, then u should bring your own.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums