Vodka!

kjbacon

Not sure about all of them, but these are a few....Grey Goose, Chopin, Belvedere, Absolut (flavors too), Stoli (not positive on that one, but think so), Ketel One and some of the flavored Van Goghs.....They've got a pretty good selection. There may be others as well....

No, no, no!

I'm with you 100%. The first gin martini I ever had was at a Christmas party and it ended up being dumped into the plant (I know - bad thing to do -- I was in my early 20's at the time). Glad that this is a vodka thread rather than a gin thread.

Ut oh....Never, ever thought I could be possibly interested in gin.....until I had Hendrick's.....changed my whole life! haha!

Ha ha - still waiting for you to turn me into a gin drinker. I'll never say never and may have to hold my nose because it smells like a Christmas tree (which I love to smell but not when I'm taking a sip of a drink).

Ha ha - still waiting for you to turn me into a gin drinker. I'll never say never and may have to hold my nose because it smells like a Christmas tree (which I love to smell but not when I'm taking a sip of a drink).

Try a Bombay Sapphire as a starter. It is a lot less 'junipery' than most gins.

I thought I didn't like gin. There was a thread a while back that mentioned various gins to try and also different tonics. Well, I'm enjoying a Bombay Sapphire gin and tonic with Fever-Tree tonic as I type. Very refreshing on a hot summer evening. Thank you to all who contributed to that old thread! It's been fun to try the different gins--Bombay Sapphire, Hendricks, The Botanist. To bring this back on topic--Hubby is enjoying trying different vodkas with the Fever-Tree tonic water. :)

I’ve never tried a gin drink that I’ve liked and as another said, even the fragrance is unappealing. I may have to try Hendricks and Bombay Sapphire now though!

Another cruise board actively discusses the tonics and I’ve seen Fever Tree mentioned there in a very positive light. Another that I may have to try.

I’d say that I have my work cut out for me.

Wow, that is a fabulous list. Our current favorite is Chopin but I will take one for the team and try a different martini every day to make an official determination.

There’s a bottle of Chopin sitting across from me in the pool bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmmmmm! Actually had one yesterday!

Did I try your drink last time? Pretty sure that I don't like anything with cucumbers (except eating them fresh). Think I'll stick with chocolate martini's (made with vodka) and Mexican Butterfly's (made with tequila).

I think you might have, Jackie.....Maybe a taste with a stirring stick?

I've pretty much gone thru all of the vodkas. Will now work on some of the specialty gins. Would like to try "The Botanist" but it's not easy to find.....

But we're supposed to be discussing vodka......giggle!

I’m exhausted just thinking about the research and work I have to do in the Med next summer.

I wish I were gazing at a bottle of Chopin on the pool deck.

I love anything with cucumbers.

So much drinking, so little time!

What is a Mexican Butterfly?

A Mexican Butterfly is on the Regent menu and is basically tequila (I always ask for Don Julio or Patron, Lime Juice, Elderflower, Agave Nectar and mint leaves. It is very refreshing!

Linda, I think that I did taste it but it must have been after a couple of Kir Royale's so I don't remember it;p