Concierge Suites and restaurant rez on board

Going on the TA from Barcelona on the Voyager in November. This will be our 7th RSSC cruise, but first one with the Concierge perks & first in 10 years. Went online yesterday

to book restaurants and was surprised to discover that I could only book one of each specialty restaurant on a 2 week cruise, Not a problem as we always were able to find openings.

Question ... will we have any priority once on board for additional reservations? Just curious. After seeing the revised CR menu and reading reviews, I doubt we'll get tired of the CR.

My wife and I look forward to sharing tables with others on our first crossing.

Going on the TA from Barcelona on the Voyager in November. This will be our 7th RSSC cruise, but first one with the Concierge perks & first in 10 years. Went online yesterday

to book restaurants and was surprised to discover that I could only book one of each specialty restaurant on a 2 week cruise, Not a problem as we always were able to find openings.

Question ... will we have any priority once on board for additional reservations? Just curious. After seeing the revised CR menu and reading reviews, I doubt we'll get tired of the CR.

No priority on board for Concierge for reservations. Believe the named suites can go to specialities every nite. Otherwise everyone else on board is equal as to getting additional reservations.

Regent guarantees that everyone onboard that wants a specialty reservation gets one. You will be more likely to get a second reservation after you have used the ones that you booked already. Agree with you that the new CR menu is so good that you really don't miss the specialty restaurants.

Glad to hear that Jackie, we had always liked the CR menu on Mariner and Voyager, often more than the specialties, so on Explorer next year it won’t break our hearts to not get extra reservations in the others. Having said that, we quite often were able to get in at the last minute, just by showing up at the door and asking if there was space. 😉

Glad to hear that Jackie, we had always liked the CR menu on Mariner and Voyager, often more than the specialties, so on Explorer next year it won’t break our hearts to not get extra reservations in the others. Having said that, we quite often were able to get in at the last minute, just by showing up at the door and asking if there was space. 😉

Glad that you know that it is fairly easy to get reservations in specialty restaurants. Hope that you get to try Pacific Rim on Explorer. It took us a while to get used to it but once I learned to order the Lobster Tempera and to try ALL of the sake, we now love that dining venue.

BTW, it is not true that "named suites" can dine in specialty restaurants every night (only two top levels have that benefit and we have stayed in those suites and would be bored if we dined in specialty restaurants every night. Once or twice is more than enough!

Have a great cruise on our very favorite ship!

I’m actually really anxious to try Pacific Rim, it’s new on Explorer - and I understand also on Splendor. Unfortunately Wayne is allergic to all Shellfish (shrimp, crab, lobster) so I may have to do some arm-twisting! He can eat Fish though, and we both love Sushi. If they have Sushi and Sake, he’ll be a happy man. LOL. Looking forward to something new,

I’m actually really anxious to try Pacific Rim, it’s new on Explorer - and I understand also on Splendor. Unfortunately Wayne is allergic to all Shellfish (shrimp, crab, lobster) so I may have to do some arm-twisting! He can eat Fish though, and we both love Sushi. If they have Sushi and Sake, he’ll be a happy man. LOL. Looking forward to something new,

I'm trying to remember the menu. I am a huge sushi lover and was disappointed with the small selection. One item that I do remember is miso encrusted black cod (I believe that is the correct name - it is like the sea bass but is cod instead).

I learned something about saki while onboard. The saki in Pacific Rim is served cold unless you ask to have it heated. I drank a lot (much more than normal) of the cold saki and enjoyed it. On the last night I had one small order of cold saki and followed it with a hot saki. The hot saki hit me like a ton of bricks. Lesson learned!

Hopefully they’ll add more sushi or sashimi offerings, that would be awesome. I’m not much of a Sake lover (prefer my chilled Chardonnay!) but Wayne likes Sake, especially heated. It will be a change, anyway. Sometimes they have Sushi at La Verandah at lunch, so we can usually get our fix there. Some of the really big ships (which I avoid like the plague) have Sushi bars. Now wouldnt that be great!

We are big Sake (first) Sushi lovers, as well. We're not on the Explorer until March...keep us posted!

On board the Mariner earlier this year and the Voyager last year enjoyed Sushi daily for lunch in La Veranda.

Either on embarkation day or the next day, meet with the Restaurant Mgr or Head Waiter in La Veranda and ask for a standing order of Sushi. Thereafter, unless we are on excursion (and eating) we have Sushi daily in La Veranda.