Japan with Regent

nuneham

To me the only cruise that actually does Japan is the April 6, 2021, Tokyo to Tokyo - Temples, Towers & Castles. We did a very similar itinerary a couple of years ago though not with Regent. Regent wasn't doing a similar itinerary when we wanted to go so we had to use a different cruise line. If you really want to get a reasonable cross section of Japan you need to do a cruise with more than 3 ports which is all the ports the other 2 cruises do.

We loved our Japan cruise. Fascinating country with so much history. We also spent an extra 3 days in Tokyo and hired a private guide to pick us up at the airport, walk and subway around some of the highlights and take us to Yokohama to catch the ship. It was wonderful.

To me the only cruise that actually does Japan is the April 6, 2021, Tokyo to Tokyo - Temples, Towers & Castles. We did a very similar itinerary a couple of years ago though not with Regent. Regent wasn't doing a similar itinerary when we wanted to go so we had to use a different cruise line. If you really want to get a reasonable cross section of Japan you need to do a cruise with more than 3 ports which is all the ports the other 2 cruises do.

We loved our Japan cruise. Fascinating country with so much history. We also spent an extra 3 days in Tokyo and hired a private guide to pick us up at the airport, walk and subway around some of the highlights and take us to Yokohama to catch the ship. It was wonderful.

Would appreciate the name of the guide you used. Will have 2 days in Tokyo after our cruise in 2019.

We used Discover Japan Tours.

office@discover-japan-tours.com

http://www.discover-Japan-tours.com

Yosuke Yokokura is who we corresponded with. They were easy to deal with by email.

We customized a private tour to see the sites that we thought were most important to us. Of course in 3 days you can barely scratch the surface of Toyko but we felt we got a good overview.

We stayed at the Hilton Toyko and though some think it is out of the way, we thought it was great. Super subway connections that got us all over Tokyo. We loved the hotel. We booked an executive floor room and it was worth the money. The executive lounge was great and we meet 2 couples that shared our transfer to the port so helped offset the cost of the transfer out to Yokohama. As well we had a little free time before taking the transfer out to the ship and 4 of us took the subway to a beautiful park fairly close for a couple of hours.

Hope this helps.

I think I may book this cruise too. Japan is on our bucket list so this looks great! I called Regent today and was told out of 377 cabins 248 are already reserved. The person I spoke with said that it will sell out. The cabin I wanted was already taken. Anyway, he told me about a pre or post cruise no cost add-on called "Sunrise over Tokyo". It includes a 3 night hotel stay with breakfasts, some tours, and transfers. There is another add-on called Tokyo and Hakone which is not free. You can read about these on the website. I just thought I'd mention it to those considering this cruise.

Thank you so much for the info. We got a Concierge Suite on deck 8 and got the offer of the 3 day pre- cruise in Tokyo. Terrific and just what we wanted--saves us from hiring a guide! Really looking forward to Japan. We had to cancel in 2017 as a gall bladder got in the way.;p

We used Discover Japan Tours.

office@discover-japan-tours.com

www.discover-Japan-tours.com

Yosuke Yokokura is who we corresponded with. They were easy to deal with by email.

We customized a private tour to see the sites that we thought were most important to us. Of course in 3 days you can barely scratch the surface of Toyko but we felt we got a good overview.

We stayed at the Hilton Toyko and though some think it is out of the way, we thought it was great. Super subway connections that got us all over Tokyo. We loved the hotel. We booked an executive floor room and it was worth the money. The executive lounge was great and we meet 2 couples that shared our transfer to the port so helped offset the cost of the transfer out to Yokohama. As well we had a little free time before taking the transfer out to the ship and 4 of us took the subway to a beautiful park fairly close for a couple of hours.

Hope this helps.

Thanks so very much for the information

We booked the April, 2021 Tokyo to Tokyo cruise! Hard to believe but it just went on sale and the agent at Regent said it is already 70% booked. It will most certainly sell out. I also started a "roll call" if anyone else wants to add their name to it. We booked the 3-day pre-cruise extension called "Sunrise over Tokyo" which is included.

Now we have to wait around 2 years and 7 months, but time passes quickly.

Hi Carol,

I will call my TA on Monday, but a little confused about the Sunrise over Tokyo. The website describes it but shows a $1499PP charge. Do you have to call and request it or do you think it is no longer available at no charge? Is it only available for Concierge and above? Thanks much!

Hi Carol,

I will call my TA on Monday, but a little confused about the Sunrise over Tokyo. The website describes it but shows a $1499PP charge. Do you have to call and request it or do you think it is no longer available at no charge? Is it only available for Concierge and above? Thanks much!

I spoke with someone at Regent who told me it is free and when I booked it I asked for it to be added and it was. I am not in a Concierge or above. You shouldn't have any problem getting it.

Awesome! I started a roll call if you want to add yourselves to that.

We are Carol and Bruce from Encino, CA.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2670722

We booked this today, as well. Thanks so much for letting us know about the free pre cruise 3 day special. It. As the previous poster mentioned, it is not clear on the website that it is available gratis. I had to ask about it. The Regent rep did not volunteer the information. Interesting.

Three nights in Tokyo is sufficient. A day in Kyoto is not nearly enough; take the shinkansen from Tokyo and stay for at least 2-3 nights; We did 4. 17 UNESCO World Hertage plus the spectacular Bamboo Forest. Misgugawa is a wonderful French-Japanese restaurant on the Kato River. NAOKI DOI is the guide to get, or Kimi.