My time dinning

Hi...we didn't eat in the main dinning room on our last cruise, but will be trying it out a bit this time. How do you choose your dinning times. We are interested in the My time, so we can change our reservation time depending on our activities. Also, can we get a table with just the 4 of us and if so how. thanks...

With My Time Dining, you eat exculsively with your own party unless you request otherwise.

Reservations are not required, you can just show up when you want.

You reserve your time in the morning, but if you want to dine early, you show up and enough people cancel that you’ll be seated fast. You can sit at a table for four (just your party) or request a large table to be seated with others. It’s a great experience, very elegant.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi...we didn't eat in the main dinning room on our last cruise, but will be trying it out a bit this time. How do you choose your dinning times. We are interested in the My time, so we can change our reservation time depending on our activities. Also, can we get a table with just the 4 of us and if so how. thanks...

What ship are you on? And more importantly what itinerary? 7 day cruise or longer?

Just off Brilliance. No one was allowed to show up for MTD from 6pm to about 7:30pm... fully booked pre-cruise. You will find that on older ships with perhaps an older demographic and higher number of C&A members, a larger number of cruisers will pre-reserve MTD pre-cruise for early seating as everyone on the ship wants to eat at 6pm vs. 8:30

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off Brilliance. No one was allowed to show up for MTD from 6pm to about 7:30pm. ...

We've not seen that on Brilliance. We've done a number of cruises on BR in the last few years, including a transatlantic, and that policy would have caused us to miss the MDR as we typically showed up without a reservation between 6:30pm and 7pm.

We recently sailed brilliance transatlantic. About a month before sailing we switched from traditional dining to my time dining. When I went to make reservations, there was generally nothing available between 6:30 and 7:15 or sometimes 7:30. it was only my second time using my time dining on Royal Caribbean so I don’t know if this is common or was specific to the sailing. We took the 7:15 or 7:30 reservations for most every night. Every night we had to wait in line for a table. Some nights, we were not seated until 7:45. I don’t know what would’ve happened had we showin up in the 7 o’clock range.

Good luck.

M

Ps- Bob, looks like pizza for you!

Just off Brilliance. No one was allowed to show up for MTD from 6pm to about 7:30pm... fully booked pre-cruise.

Very likely that is a combination of that sailing with the MTD hosts. It's easier for the host to simply deny everyone without a reservation than to actually work on the issue or have folks wait a long time.

Very likely that is a combination of that sailing with the MTD hosts. It's easier for the host to simply deny everyone without a reservation than to actually work on the issue or have folks wait a long time.

Agreed, and furthermore I feel MTD is only as good as the manager of such on any ship. You can have a fabulous experience on one ship and a dreadful experience on another, and it's not because MTD is a failure or is altogether awful, but that on one ship it is better managed than on another.

If you want to change to MTD you have to do it as soon as you are on the ship. You cannot change daily between the regular dining and MTD. You have to make a choice and stick with it.

I thought you had to make the change between MTD and Traditional prior to the sail date.:confused: Once onboard your SOL.

Changing on the first day is still possible, but like trying to get seated with MTD at peak times, you may get denied.

I can see that! Nothing I would do. We always select our dining preference when we first book the cruise. Lately it's been MTD.

Agreed, and furthermore I feel MTD is only as good as the manager of such on any ship. You can have a fabulous experience on one ship and a dreadful experience on another, and it's not because MTD is a failure or is altogether awful, but that on one ship it is better managed than on another.

I agree with this completely. I have had mixed experiences with MTD lately. I stick with it because I don't want to be rushed on port days and don't always want to eat at the late time either.

We always take My Time Dining and always book every evening 7 months prior to the cruise .

How do I change to MTD without setting up times, I just want to go eat ( usually later) when I feel like it? I set my reservation up as traditional dining when I meant to pick my time.

How do I change to MTD without setting up times, I just want to go eat ( usually later) when I feel like it? I set my reservation up as traditional dining when I meant to pick my time.

Call RC and make the request. If you used a TA have them call RC and make the request.

Contact whoever booked your cruise.

Contact whoever booked your cruise.

I booked online through RC, the sale I got wasn't offered elsewhere at the time. So Do I call (ugh) or change every meal to MTD and a time which seems to be the only online option?

I booked online through RC, the sale I got wasn't offered elsewhere at the time. So Do I call (ugh) or change every meal to MTD and a time which seems to be the only online option?

Call RC customer service and ask to be changed to My Time dining. If it is full, ask to be put on the wait list..