Hair/Nail Salon

chlives60

Hello All we are sailing Homelands out of Bergen on May 6 and will be in Europe a month before we sail, so I am wondering what are the services provided in the Salon. Specific to hair (cut/color) nails do they do more than just manicure as in acrylic nails? Thank you to any ladies that have use the service on board.

The salon offers basic services for men and women but it is a small, low-key operation. I don't know about acrylics or gels but maybe some one who is currently on board will read this thread and check it out for you.

Or perhaps, you can ask the folks at tellus@vikingcruises.com to send you the current list of services and prices and ask them any particulars (like what brand nail polishes, hair colors, acrylics, gels, etc.).

BTW, I read somewhere that on the Sky, they made the salon smaller and the gym larger because the salon does not do a lot of business.

Dear chlives60,

Glad you asked! We’ve seen your inquiry, along with a few follow-up questions that have been posted to this thread, and are happy to take a moment to provide some helpful information about our onboard spa, Liv Nordic.

In addition to a full list of spa treatments, the following salon services are typically available at Liv Nordic:

HANDS & FEET

Gel Manicure

Classic Manicure

Royal Nordic Hands

Foot Massage

Classic Pedicure

Royal Nordic Feet

HAIR

Nordic Hair Ritual

Hair Up

Wash & Blow Dry

Wash, Cut & Blow Dry

Wash, Blow Dry & Curl

GENTLEMEN

Beard Trim

Hair Cut

Luxury Beard

Nordic Mail Facial

Manicure

Pedicure

Additional details about each service are available on board. To make a booking, please stop by the Liv Nordic desk or call directly from your stateroom.

Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to send a quick note to TellUs@vikingcruises.com. We look forward to cruising with you, chlives60!

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

Hello All we are sailing Homelands out of Bergen on May 6 and will be in Europe a month before we sail, so I am wondering what are the services provided in the Salon. Specific to hair (cut/color) nails do they do more than just manicure as in acrylic nails? Thank you to any ladies that have use the service on board.

I was on the sea in December and they did NOT do acrylic nails. That was the only thing I asked. As others have said the salon is quite small.

As others have said the salon is quite small.

Being in the business and considering the amount of business it seemed to be generating on the Star, I can see why they reduced the size of the salon on the Sky. While we were on excursions during the day, there was not much business in the salon itself when we passed after 5:00 pm. Our cabin was in that part of the ship and we passed frequently as I was often going to the computers on Deck 1. I heard they do not do color. I find this to be understandable as a large inventory would be necessary for a small portion of the passengers. They might have to adjust this some with the cruises with many sea days and longer durations.

• 1 year later...
Dear chlives60,

Glad you asked! We’ve seen your inquiry, along with a few follow-up questions that have been posted to this thread, and are happy to take a moment to provide some helpful information about our onboard spa, Liv Nordic.

In addition to a full list of spa treatments, the following salon services are typically available at Liv Nordic:

HANDS & FEET

Gel Manicure

Classic Manicure

Royal Nordic Hands

Foot Massage

Classic Pedicure

Royal Nordic Feet

HAIR

Nordic Hair Ritual

Hair Up

Wash & Blow Dry

Wash, Cut & Blow Dry

Wash, Blow Dry & Curl

GENTLEMEN

Beard Trim

Hair Cut

Luxury Beard

Nordic Mail Facial

Manicure

Pedicure

Additional details about each service are available on board. To make a booking, please stop by the Liv Nordic desk or call directly from your stateroom.

Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to send a quick note to TellUs@vikingcruises.com. We look forward to cruising with you, chlives60!

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

can you'll me if this list is still accurate?

can you'll me if this list is still accurate?

I wanted to try to answer this questions for you, because 18 months is old information. The answer is not anywhere I can find on the website. So, I went on my MyVikingJourney to see if I could find it there and that is when I remembered that my next cruise is a river cruise and I don't currently have access to Ocean information.

So, maybe someone whose next cruise is on an ocean-going ship can check on MVJ to see if they can find the list of services and shre then with us -- or maybe TellUs will see this and give us the updated info.

I wanted to try to answer this questions for you, because 18 months is old information. The answer is not anywhere I can find on the website. So, I went on my MyVikingJourney to see if I could find it there and that is when I remembered that my next cruise is a river cruise and I don't currently have access to Ocean information.

So, maybe someone whose next cruise is on an ocean-going ship can check on MVJ to see if they can find the list of services and shre then with us -- or maybe TellUs will see this and give us the updated info.

I wrote to TellUs@vikingcruises.com in May before our Homelands cruise and they sent me a “menu” with prices. We will be on the 2019 WC and the Menu remains the same for that. Sorry I can’t get it attached, but if you have specific items and prices you want to know about, I’d be happy to respond from what Viking sent me.

HockeyMom44, we’re going to be on the Viking Sky on the 26th so I checked in myvikingjourney, there isn’t much info on,y this little blurb....

HAIR SALON

Prepare for the evening with a visit to our Hair Salon, where you can pamper yourself with an array of hair, nail and grooming services. Our experienced stylists offer wash, cut, blow dry and styling as well as our wonderfully soothing Nordic Hair Ritual.

OPENING HOURS: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Sorry, not much info. If I remember :) I’ll try to get more info on our cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums