Side by side cabins; will Viking take down the divider between balconies?

CWB8

This same question came up a few years ago and I believe that the answer was that both cabins have to request it. Talk with Guest Services on Deck 1.

The barrier moves easily. It is on a hinge. When they clean the balconies, it is all done from the outside. The barriers are opened a few at a time as the crew makes its way along. There is usually advanced notice.

We didn’t have to go to guest services, we asked our Room Steward when we boarded and he very quickly facilitated the request. Three of the four of us were ‘present’ when the request was made, 3 of the 4 had the same last name and our TA had made a request in advance to Viking, I don’t know if those three factor impacted the ease with which the room steward accommodated our request but I felt I should mention them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nice to know. We have three cabins in a row next summer. I can see two of us opening the divider. The "newlyweds" (two years at that point) may understandably opt out, especially since the husband will be cruising with his in laws.

I'm guessing the newlyweds are not in the middle cabin.

I'm guessing the newlyweds are not in the middle cabin.

I offered to book them elsewhere on the ship. They said they were fine being next to us.

I did put them in an end cabin of our three.

I had a mother-in-law from hell. I work hard at not being one.

I guess it helps that I always bring my son-in-law his favorite tipple, Jack Daniels single barrel. Our tax is lower in Florida than in Maryland where they live so I can buy a bottle for about twenty dollars less than he can get buy one.

I guess it helps that I always bring my son-in-law his favorite tipple, Jack Daniels single barrel. Our tax is lower in Florida than in Maryland where they live so I can buy a bottle for about twenty dollars less than he can get buy one.

I full support--and participate in -- the open bribing and spoiling of sons-in-law. Single-barrel no less. Sweet.