RC Credit Card?

I have had the RCL credit card for a number of years. You get a 2% return on RCL purchases which can be easily redeemed as Onboard Credit. Other rewards are too complicated to use. No fee and better than other choices.

The cards returns 2% on RC purchases and 1% on all other purchases. There are cards that do better, but you might take advantage of the free 10K points for getting the card. That would give you $100 on board credit.

10K points for first use. 2 points of every dollar spent on RCI. Both of which are redeemable for OBC.

I recently got one, as they had a promotion, no interest for 18 months on purchases made in the first 60 days. So I am paying for the next two cruises early. :D

I agree with The comments above. You can find other cards that return a better rate. That being said, I charge a lot and have saved points and will be going on a cruise in August with two free cabins using the 125k points each.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

10K points for first use. 2 points of every dollar spent on RCI. Both of which are redeemable for OBC.

I recently got one, as they had a promotion, no interest for 18 months on purchases made in the first 60 days. So I am paying for the next two cruises early. :D

If you have a balance and paying interest, the rewards are worthless

I got one a few years ago, since I have been loyal to Royal. I use it for Royal purchases only: deposit, final payment, on-line dinner/excursion reservations, and on-board credit card. Love applying the on-board credit to my future cruise when I receive enough points. Never had a problem and the credit helps pay for our tips. :D

I have had the card for many years now. I never carry a balance so I have never had an interest charge. I have used the points to get on board credits and most recently half price for a balcony on the Allure.

The Visa Signature benefits are almost nil. Other 'Signature' cards offer far better card benefits.

Trying to figure out how to use points for anything other than OBC or reducing fares is difficult.

2% on RCI purchases only. I get 3% cash on all travel purchases with my Costco Visa card.

The instant 10K points is always good. It is a no annual fee card so getting it just for that is worth it, even if you never use it again after that. Live most of my life on the Chase Sapphire Reserve card, but I will use the RCL card enough to get a little OBC each cruise.

We got one also for the 10,000 points. I only use it for Royal Caribbean cruises to build up for onboard credit. I use our credit union credit card for all other purchases.

We always pay the balance off when the bill comes, because I agree with another poster that interest on a credit card would negate any benefits. When I pay with the credit card, that amount is immediately removed from our budget spreadsheet so that I know that money is “gone” [emoji846]

I know there are better cards out there, but because we cruise Royal exclusively, we use RCI Visa to charge EVERYTHING! If I could charge my mortgage I would. (Obviously as mentioned before, if you don't pay off in full every month, card benefits are worthless).

I try to build up 125,000 point to be able to take a free 7 night cruise for 2. (we've used points for 4 of those so far)

I think that is about the biggest bang for your buck for which you can redeem the points.

I do not find it difficult to use & redeem the points.

We got one also for the 10,000 points. I only use it for Royal Caribbean cruises to build up for onboard credit. I use our credit union credit card for all other purchases.

We always pay the balance off when the bill comes, because I agree with another poster that interest on a credit card would negate any benefits. When I pay with the credit card, that amount is immediately removed from our budget spreadsheet so that I know that money is “gone” [emoji846]

EXACTLY what we do. Great minds.....

I've had one for years and as some others have said I use it for everything and pay it off each month. I've bought some pretty big high ticket items that I could have used savings for, but just played the points game and used the credit card first, they paid the bill from savings to avoid interest. Something this card has, that others might also have is an annual report for tax records that shows everything that has been charged during the year and it is organized by category. I still have to go through everything just to make sure something was incorrectly labeled. Makes it easy to look for medical, taxes, etc.

To add to what others have said, the card is easy to use and the electronic payment system is good and easy to setup. They have made steps to make redemption easier than it was say 5-10 years ago. The only negative in that regard is probably more the fault of Royal. If you like to redeeem your points early to make sure you get the credit, Royal, I believe just sits on the notice and doesn't apply it to your account till just before the cruise. In this computer age, it should be faster, but I guess when you get Royal IT involved :confused:

Personally I think the card is a waste. the 1%/2% cash back is not very competitive. I've had it for a while, and still use it, but, just for my cruises.

FWIW, Consumer Reports recommended the Fidelity Credit card at one time. 2% on every purchase. I'm sure if you look you can even top that.

Hi,

I have had the Royal Caribbean Visa card for many years. Please note that you also receive double points for money that you spend on other Royal Caribbean brands such as Celebrity and Azamara. Also, you can redeem rewards (such as the onboard credit or credit against the cruise fare) on these other lines.

Chuck

The Visa Signature benefits are almost nil. Other 'Signature' cards offer far better card benefits.

Trying to figure out how to use points for anything other than OBC or reducing fares is difficult.

2% on RCI purchases only. I get 3% cash on all travel purchases with my Costco Visa card.

I use it too. Usually get my rebate check just in time for our spring cruise.

I just re-ordered the RCI Visa. Our main CC is our Discover Card that is paid off and no balance is carried over. One reason I ordered is that when traveling out of country a Visa CC is better to have. I just will keep it for travel and I might use it to get points.

Wanted to add that I have several rewards cards that I got mainly for the initial bonuses, and then i also use it for that specific destination when I have a trip coming up to build up points (disney, southwest, ncl, etc.). Anyways, my RCI cruise that I have booked for next summer (and for which I got the RCI visa) will be my first trip to europe, and I knew I would need to bring a cc with no foreign transaction fees, so just today i checked out all my cards, and the RCI was the ONLY one of my cards that doesnt charge FT fees. So, thats a plus, too.