Eastern Seaboard - Montreal

ropomo

Sailing on the Oct 6 Eastern Seaboard out of Montreal. I'm a little confused and thought someone here might shed some light on my issue. I received "Final" docs over the weekend and it indicates that the ship will embark at Pier 34-35. The official Montreal Cruise Port website (https://www.port-montreal.com/en/cruise-vessels-schedule.html) indicates T-2 at the newly renovated cruise terminal. I found that "temporary facilities" at Pier 34-35 were used in 2016/2017 during the major renovations of the cruise terminal that were completed in 2017. I followed up with Viking, but the representative indicated that his information also indicated Pier 34-35, but further ability to research was unavailable to him. Am I missing something, or is it possible that Viking is still using info from last year? Bottom line, I will embark where the ship is, but these types of things float in the back of my mind until I have resolution.

Possibly my contact with Viking prompted some research on their part. Just received an email updating pax on Oct 6 Star sailing that the pier has changed to Alexandra Cruise Terminals #1 and #2 which coincides with what the port schedule said. Their original info just didn't make sense. So if you are on this cruise and did not see/receive the Viking update, Star is docking at the Alexandra Cruise Terminals #1 and #2. I am glad in that the location is much more convenient to Old Town Montreal.

Wow, ropomo, you get fast service from Viking!! We also got that email today, notifying us of a pier change! Good job!!! We're from SC--will be good to know that some folks from ATL are on the cruise too. Before retirement, we lived just outside Decatur for 20 years.