(NEW) DCL Carry-On Alcohol Policy.

Disney Cruise Line
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:22 PM.
#22
55 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
I'd imagine that was fine. It's the amount, not the vessel. Interesting story... We had two bottles in paper in a Target bag. My wife went through without me - I was out in the parking garage. They didn't inspect the bottles at all or care that it was just her with two bottles.
#23
10,347 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Originally posted by sjlocke
I'd imagine that was fine. It's the amount, not the vessel. Interesting story... We had two bottles in paper in a Target bag. My wife went through without me - I was out in the parking garage. They didn't inspect the bottles at all or care that it was just her with two bottles.
Ummm....the rule is 2 bottles per person not to exceed 750ml. each. There is no reason for them to have a problem with your wife having 2 bottles. As a couple, you were entitled to bring a total of 4 bottles.
#24
United States
59 Posts
Joined Feb 2014
There is really no reason to bring boxed wine (unless that is your preferred kind) but stick to the quantities that they allow. Keep in mind that with Disney, you can bring beer/wine back on the ship at each port. So, bring your good bottles day one, and then buy more in port and bring it back to the boat.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises:
Norwegian 1998
Norwegian 1999
Carnival 2002
Carnival Fantasy 2010 (for our wedding on the ship)
Carnival Elation 2010
Carnival Elation 2012
Norwegian Jewel 2014
Carnival Elation 2014
Norwegian Getaway 2015
Disney Fantasy February 2016
Norwegian Epic FAILURE 2016
Carnival Fantasy 2018
#25
55 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Originally posted by moki'smommy
Ummm....the rule is 2 bottles per person not to exceed 750ml. each. There is no reason for them to have a problem with your wife having 2 bottles. As a couple, you were entitled to bring a total of 4 bottles.
D'oh, you're right. I was thinking it was one bottle or six beers.
#26
FL
121 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Does anyone know how B2B cruises are handled under this policy? I'm taking a B2B later this year and I'm wondering if I would be able to bring 4 bottles of wine on instead of 2.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

#27
62 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
We're also doing a B2B this year, and the rule would be that for each leg of your B2B, you're allowed 2 750ml bottles of wine pp or 1 6pk of beer pp.
However, you would have to bring it onboard when you're boarding for each leg of your cruises.

So, 2 bottles each on embarkation #1 and 2 bottles each on embarkation #3. However, any port visits made during cruise #1 you could bring on 2 bottles each as well. You don't have to drink it all during cruise #1 either (assuming you have the same stateroom for both legs of your B2B)

Hope this helps!.
#28
10,347 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
On a B2B departing and doing the changeover at the same port, you can also bring 4 bottles per person to the port initially. You surrender 2 of the bottles and they are held at the port for you until your return. (this is standard policy if you bring more than the allowed). When you return to the port, you claim the surrendered 2 bottles and proceed to re-board the ship.

Obviously, this will not work if you are changing at a different port than your initial boarding port--say you are doing a trans-Atlantic and then the Med....no good because your excess wine would still be at PC! But it works great if you are doing an Eastern and a Western from PC.
#30
10,347 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Originally posted by *Flower*
Or like us, are doing the last Alaska and the Repo to San Diego.....
If you are doing the last Alaska, don't you return to your embarkation port? Like your first leg is Vancouver to Vancouver, second leg is Vancouver to SanDiego? I don't know what the alcohol rules are in Vancouver, but if they are the same as in PC, this would work.

Last Med, then WBTA will work--DCL will "confiscate" the excess wine and hold it till you return. You claim it and take it on the TA.
#31
5 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
We left on a Disney cruise from Dover, England in summer of 2016. Being unaware of DIsney's policy until the day before the cruise, I had purchased a 1 litre bottle of Crown Royal at duty free. I ended up packing it in my luggage and bags were delivered to my room no problem, with and I thoroughly enjoyed my bottle on the cruise.

Leaving on another European cruise in 2 weeks. Did I just get lucky or is DIS more relaxed in European ports?
#32
44 Posts
Joined Dec 2010
Originally posted by albeachrealtor
There is really no reason to bring boxed wine (unless that is your preferred kind) but stick to the quantities that they allow. Keep in mind that with Disney, you can bring beer/wine back on the ship at each port. So, bring your good bottles day one, and then buy more in port and bring it back to the boat.
To clarify, if you bring back wine/beer from the port, you are allowed to keep it and consume it in your stateroom.... But if you bring hard liquor back from port, they take that and lock it up until desembarkment. Is that right?
#33
SoCal
10,243 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Originally posted by bethhorn
To clarify, if you bring back wine/beer from the port, you are allowed to keep it and consume it in your stateroom.... But if you bring hard liquor back from port, they take that and lock it up until desembarkment. Is that right?
Yes, as long as the wine is no more than 2 bottles, and the beer is no more than 6 beers. Any above that allotment must also be handed over to be picked up at the cruise end.

One note - if you have liquor checked, it must be picked up ONBOARD, on debarkation morning.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
DCLHAL CarnivalPrincess Vantage
21 Cruises, 13 ships, 202 nights
#34
5 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
Just returned from European cruise and again able to pack a one litre bottle of whiskey in my checked bags and delivered to room with no problem. It was great to enjoy a drink on the verandah every day. I wonder how consistently the policy is applied.
#35
10,347 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Originally posted by _yippee
Just returned from European cruise and again able to pack a one litre bottle of whiskey in my checked bags and delivered to room with no problem. It was great to enjoy a drink on the verandah every day. I wonder how consistently the policy is applied.
This does not mean there is any change in the policy. It means that there was terminal scanning personnel, who are not DCL personnel, who did not do their job adequately. The fact that you got away with it doesn't make it right. Fortunately, it didn't break and damage other people's belongings.