Wine tour--Vancouver/Fraser Valley ?

emelle

Will be in Vancouver in late September, precruise for a day and a half (as long as the airlines do their part!).

A little late in planning because we have visited Vancouver many times and I used to live there, so we have done many of the usual things.

We are wine lovers, fairly knowledgable about wine and were thinking a wine tour might be different and fun. Want a private tour with a driver (no sipping and driving in our family, so rental car is not in the plans). Having someone with wine and local knowledge would be important to us.

Have tried searching these threads and looked online...while I see little here on CC recommended, I also have a hard time picking something randomly off the web. Many of the tripadvisor tours only have reviews that are several years old. I did find one guide on Tours by locals, but there were no reviews and he also does a tour of the Aquarium....so not sure he is the most knowledgable? The Fraser Valley Wine Association did not have anything, at least that I could find on their site.

Can anyone local give me advice, name of a tour company or the name of a local Somm that might do tours etc. Thanks. Emelle

Sorry, can't recommend any local wine tours. Personally if you enjoy decent wine I'd be inclined to avoid bothering and instead spend a while in tasting rooms/good wines-by-the-glass bars around the city that will let you sample wines from around the Okanagan - it's a far superior area for winemaking than around Vancouver, and you'd spend much less time traveling and more drinking by staying in the city;-)

I've yet to try anything from near Vancouver that I'd care to sample again - and I'm happy to drink some pretty cheap wines as well as the good stuff (we probably get through more ~$10 Black Cellar than any other individual wine). The beermaking is much better than the winemaking locally - if you aren't opposed to the former, you can easily find some beer tours that will take you around multiple breweries in a minibus (but frankly there are enough within easy walking distance that we haven't even used the services of any of those tours either).

I thought that I had seen a Vancouver wine tour bus downtown some time ago and lo and behold a google search produced this.

https://www.canadiancrafttours.ca/products/vancouver-wine-tour-fraser-valley?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzvLpwoSg1gIVjoRpCh2u0QtZEAAYAiAAEgIpBvD_BwE

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Dennis

:):):):):)