New Orleans - Hilton Riverside & Car Rental Questions

Sudilly

I have a couple of questions

1. I noticed on the Hilton Riverside website that they have a car rental counter. Anybody know which company. I was thinking maybe I could rent a car at the airport and drop it off at the hotel.

2. If I do have a rental agreement, do I have to pay the $44 daily parking fee?

3. How far is this from the French Quarter?

We are thinking about renting a car for 4 days and traveling to Northern LA and then spending Friday & Saturday night at the Hilton before our cruise on Sunday. Do you think it would be better/easier to drop off the car and use uber or something to get around? That $44 parking fee is expensive plus we'd have to find parking wherever we went. Or our second option could be just leave the car at the rental desk on the morning we cruise. TIA!!!

~~~Or any other suggestions~~~

Edited by Sudilly
clarification

1. Budget is the company located at Hilton Riverside.

2. If the car is in your possession for the day, even if it is parked in the same lot as other Budget cars, you will have to pay the daily parking charge. You can save money by using one of the nearby parking garages. The Fulton Garage is probably the most convenient to that location that offers some savings.

3. You would be .6 miles from the intersection of Bourbon Street and Canal Street, or about .9 miles from the more popular bars in the middle of the French quarter.

The location at Hilton Riverside used to be a Hertz several years ago. Now, Hertz is .4 miles away (It is actually located at the aforementioned Fulton St. Garage, 901 Convention Center Blvd).

There is a 2nd Hertz location at the Hyatt Regency, closer to the Superdome.

If you don't like Budget, Avis also has an office at the Hilton Riverside.

• 1 month later...