Best lightweight 360/spinner luggage? (2017 ~ 2018)

Stopped at the Samsonite outlet. The lightest carry on they have is the following. Over four hundred dollars, yikes. Still on the hunt. Hopefully, this fall Costco will have something

http://shop.samsonite.com/outlet/outlet-luggage/samsonite-chronolite-20%22-spinner/89390XXXX.html?dwvar_89390XXXX_color=Chili%20Red&cgidmaster=outlet#start=6

Just in case cruisemom is watching...

Sherpani has a sale going on now - use the promo code "B2CAMPUS" for a nice discount on selected bags. I picked up the Tempest Tote/backpack in Natural. I had been looking at it for awhile but balked at paying $145. With the discount, it brought it down to an easier-to-swallow $110. I'll use that for more travel/everyday and leave my now-3 year-old Petra Messenger for work. I still have some that are close to 10 years old that are still in play, depending on where I'm going and what I'm doing.

There is a bag, the Soleil Tote/Backpack/Cross Body, that may be good for the poster wanting that second bag that slips over luggage handles. This one has that. AND a slash-proof bottom, locking zipper sliders, RFID coating. It's 11x15.5x5, 20oz, and 15 liter capacity. It definitely does NOT look like one of those "hey, I'm a scared tourist" PacSafe bags. Take a look. I've never had a bad Sherpani bag. I'm eyeing the Fallon Weekender next!

Just in case cruisemom is watching...

Sherpani has a sale going on now - use the promo code "B2CAMPUS" for a nice discount on selected bags. I picked up the Tempest Tote/backpack in Natural. I had been looking at it for awhile but balked at paying $145. With the discount, it brought it down to an easier-to-swallow $110. I'll use that for more travel/everyday and leave my now-3 year-old Petra Messenger for work. I still have some that are close to 10 years old that are still in play, depending on where I'm going and what I'm doing.

There is a bag, the Soleil Tote/Backpack/Cross Body, that may be good for the poster wanting that second bag that slips over luggage handles. This one has that. AND a slash-proof bottom, locking zipper sliders, RFID coating. It's 11x15.5x5, 20oz, and 15 liter capacity. It definitely does NOT look like one of those "hey, I'm a scared tourist" PacSafe bags. Take a look. I've never had a bad Sherpani bag. I'm eyeing the Fallon Weekender next!

You're killin' me. Honestly, I JUST ordered a Le Sportsac tote (got a good deal) for my upcoming trip -- wanted something really lightweight and packable when not needed. But had I seen that Soleil tote I might've nabbed it instead. Too late now -- I leave Thursday for a land trip to Portugal and Spain.

You're killin' me. Honestly, I JUST ordered a Le Sportsac tote (got a good deal) for my upcoming trip -- wanted something really lightweight and packable when not needed. But had I seen that Soleil tote I might've nabbed it instead. Too late now -- I leave Thursday for a land trip to Portugal and Spain.

Hope you have a wonderful trip:)

Hope you have a wonderful trip:)

Thanks -- I'm just relieved that the temperatures seem to have dropped versus the last few weeks (in the mid-90s) compared with the upcoming 10 days (in the mid-80s). We will be spending lots of time outdoors at various archaeological sites.

I've got a hat and good sunscreen. ;)

Thanks -- I'm just relieved that the temperatures seem to have dropped versus the last few weeks (in the mid-90s) compared with the upcoming 10 days (in the mid-80s). We will be spending lots of time outdoors at various archaeological sites.

I've got a hat and good sunscreen. ;)

Sorry 'bout that. I thought the Sherpani Monkey was off my back. But...

Have a great time on your trip! Hat, sunscreen, lightweight pants & shirts - best way to beat the heat outdoors! Learned from a 2-week trip to Egypt and Jordan where the temps were over 100. No where to hide from the sun out there!

Thanks for the ideas for a personal item. When I took my Hawaii cruise i brought a Baggallini have it all Weekender bag and a carry on suitcase. Someone on CC recommended the Baggallini and I got it for only $25 free ship (normally 200). This bag might not work for a international flight. I do want to bring a spinner/360 carry on bag and a personal item. Maybe a backpack that can slip on the handles on the suitcase? I wonder if the museums in Amsterdam and the Rhine don't allow backpacks?

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the ideas for a personal item. When I took my Hawaii cruise i brought a Baggallini have it all Weekender bag and a carry on suitcase. Someone on CC recommended the Baggallini and I got it for only $25 free ship (normally 200). This bag might not work for a international flight. I do want to bring a spinner/360 carry on bag and a personal item. Maybe a backpack that can slip on the handles on the suitcase? I wonder if the museums in Amsterdam and the Rhine don't allow backpacks?

Our experience in Europe and Great Britain are NO backpacks or even large handbags in any museums thank goodness.....

• 2 weeks later...

I think I have decided on

Travelpro Maxlite 4 21" Hardside Spin (a little heavier than I wanted) and for acarry on Samsonite Wheeled Underseater Small.

I am not sure what to do aboutwalking around Amsterdam and other stops. I may bring a foldable backpack. I am going to wait and see if the price drops a little on the Samsonite. Thank you everyone for your input.

I think I have decided on

Travelpro Maxlite 4 21" Hardside Spin (a little heavier than I wanted) and for acarry on Samsonite Wheeled Underseater Small.

I am not sure what to do aboutwalking around Amsterdam and other stops. I may bring a foldable backpack. I am going to wait and see if the price drops a little on the Samsonite. Thank you everyone for your input.

Wait. Am I reading this correctly? You are now going to drag two rolling carryons onboard your flight? To me, anything with wheels is not a personal item... And, I hope your seats in front of you on your flights do not have the IFE box underneath; if they do, your "Underseater" may not fit and you'll have to end up gate checking one of those bags :o

Cruisemom - I just did a little weekend trip for a reunion. Used my new Sherpani Tempest Tote as my personal item. The size is 15"x17"x3". LOVED IT!!! Slid under my seat on all the regional jets I had on this trip. I could use it as a backpack going through the airport, and a shoulder bag the rest of the time. The only thing missing is the slip-over for putting on my roller. But, I did not miss it as I just put it on my back. And, as it was pouring rain on my first airport, being a coated fabric kept it from soaking through as I walked from my car to the shuttle bus stop a LONG way this time (the parking lot was stuffed). Hope your trip to Portugal/Spain was an amazing trip!!

• 4 weeks later...
I have status on Delta, so I am often one of the first onboard the flight, from where I can watch everyone else boarding. It gets my goat to watch people stowing. Honestly, some of the worst are the business people who put their heavy 22" (or bigger) rollers in, often having to stow them sideways because otherwise the doors wouldn't latch -- thus taking up at least two peoples' space. Then they take a quick look around and proceed to stow their heavy, stuffed briefcase (after removing the laptop) up there as well. (And often the suit jacket is folded and put on top. Ugh!!!

Ok, so I'd say you watched my DH board last week, except he was on AA, & his bag slides in forward like it should... guilty on the briefcase & the jacket though lol :D he tries to stack the briefcase on top of the carry on if possib

le. He would put the briefcase under the seat in from of him, but we always book him in either exit or bulkhead rows, so you can't. He actually shipped most of his clothes ahead so he could carry on as it was a midnight flight from LA to 9 days at Highpoint...

My feelings on the overhead bins are conflicted, when we fly overseas, we book a more expensive cabin so we each get two carry on items plus a personal item each... we're paying usually more than double if not triple what an economy seat costs & it includes more baggage, so I feel fine bringing it... usually a 22" each, with a small kipling duffle that slides over the handle & a small backpack each. I get that people who board last when the bins are full get frustrated, but usually those people have benefitted by buying the least expensive ticket available. Just my thoughts. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have purchased TravelPro Maxlite Pro and got a good deal on it. It is really light and a fun color. After hearing everyones concerns about my personal item choice I am rethinking my choice as it it won't work.

I am thinking of a backpack with a pocket to slip on the carry on. Thinking of Hynes Eagle Travel Backpack. However it does not have a pocket in the back.

Thank you everyone for your input.

I have purchased TravelPro Maxlite Pro and got a good deal on it. It is really light and a fun color. After hearing everyones concerns about my personal item choice I am rethinking my choice as it it won't work.

I am thinking of a backpack with a pocket to slip on the carry on. Thinking of Hynes Eagle Travel Backpack. However it does not have a pocket in the back.

Thank you everyone for your input.

From a post I did a little upthread:

There is a bag, the Soleil Tote/Backpack/Cross Body, that may be good for the poster wanting that second bag that slips over luggage handles. This one has that. AND a slash-proof bottom, locking zipper sliders, RFID coating. It's 11x15.5x5, 20oz, and 15 liter capacity. It definitely does NOT look like one of those "hey, I'm a scared tourist" PacSafe bags. Take a look. I've never had a bad Sherpani bag. http://www.sherpani.com