Hotwire or priceline in Vancouver

Not sure that I can provide a link so I will spell out a site that many people use to get the info that you want.

Try typing in better bidding dot com.

Hope this helps

Cheers!

Dennis

:):):):)

And just as a general rule, Vancouver is a very easy city to guarantee a 'good' hotel in blind bid sites - if you restrict your choices to 4* and downtown (look at maps as some sites subdivide into e.g. 'West End' and 'Downtown' - it's the little 'thumb' of the city with Stanley Park at the top left that you want) then there is simply no possible way to end up in an undesirable hotel or neighbourhood. Don't select West Vancouver or North Vancouver by mistake - these are different cities on the wrong side of a body of water, so taxi fares can be ridonkulous due to the bottlenecking of commuters over the only 2 bridges!

Dropping to 3* or 3.5* brings in a few potentially loud hotels in and around our entertainment district - you shouldn't worry about safety, but with late licensed nightclubs releasing drunken buffoons in the wee small hours the streets get noisy. If you're a sound sleeper, travel with ear plugs, or are hard of hearing you'll have no issues!

And just as a general rule, Vancouver is a very easy city to guarantee a 'good' hotel in blind bid sites - if you restrict your choices to 4* and downtown (look at maps as some sites subdivide into e.g. 'West End' and 'Downtown' - it's the little 'thumb' of the city with Stanley Park at the top left that you want) then there is simply no possible way to end up in an undesirable hotel or neighbourhood. Don't select West Vancouver or North Vancouver by mistake - these are different cities on the wrong side of a body of water, so taxi fares can be ridonkulous due to the bottlenecking of commuters over the only 2 bridges!

Dropping to 3* or 3.5* brings in a few potentially loud hotels in and around our entertainment district - you shouldn't worry about safety, but with late licensed nightclubs releasing drunken buffoons in the wee small hours the streets get noisy. If you're a sound sleeper, travel with ear plugs, or are hard of hearing you'll have no issues!

We are not going to Vancouver until Sept. 2018 I will definitely select a 4* in the downtown area. What do you think I should start a bid at? Thanks for your reply

We are not going to Vancouver until Sept. 2018 I will definitely select a 4* in the downtown area. What do you think I should start a bid at? Thanks for your reply

Sorry, bid numbers I can't help with (living downtown I don't need a hotel room!) just informing you about locational issues. The site Dennis mentioned above is the go-to resource for clues about which hotels are which based on facilities listed/rating, bid levels etc. Since Vancouver in cruise season runs pretty full don't expect any serious bargains though - selling rooms is not difficult for any decent downtown hotel here!