Clothes for a transatlantic cruise

Sailor_Sally

I am going on my first transatlantic in April . A few stops in Spain and ending in Barcelona where we are staying for five days . I have my evening outfits figured out but am stuck on day time wear . I need help . Do they wear white on TA's or is that a no no ?

You can wear whatever colour you wish on a trans-Atlantic. Wear what you normally would during the day at home - t-shirt, capris, slacks, skirts, etc. If you like to swim or use the hot tubs, then factor in your swimsuit and cover-up. Bring a light jacket or sweater if you want to walk the decks in the evening, as it can be cool.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well it is a month and a half until my transatlantic cruise and I am finally getting it all figured out . I have traveled on land trips for three weeks but this is my first three week trip that also involves a cruise which adds more clothes to it . I have pretty much figured out my wardrobe . I am taking one medium bag and a soft medium size carry on .

4 pair of shoes (casual (not sneakers ) athletic shoes , flats , sandals , dressy sandals

2 athletic outfits which will be for days on the deck reading or walking

4 dinner outfits

2 pair capris

4 pair long pants

2 pair capri leggings

7 tops

2 lightweight sweaters

rain jacket

bathing suit & cover up ,pj's ,underwear , scarves and costume jewelry and two camis

Are you traveling on a North Atlantic or a South Atlantic Route? If you are going out of New York in April you may want something a little heavier than a couple of light sweaters and a rain jacket especially once you get out into the ocean.

• 7 months later...
Sailor Sally, how did your choice of clothing for the TA cruise work out? I am going on a repositioning TA cruise from Rome in November, 2017.

My TA was in April and my wardrobe worked out great . It was a little chilly several days so I ended up buying a nylon pull on top for my casual clothes . Lots of women were wearing work out gear ( yoga pants and tops )during the day . Two of my dinner outfits were mix and match wear ever seperates from JJill .They never wrinkled and worked out great . I sent laundry out twice mostly underwear , pajamas , t shirts and shorts and my work out gear . Have a great trip !

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

DH and I have been on 2 crossings of the North Atlantic, but a very different time of year.

Our TA this time starts March 12. TA will be the South Atlantic, from Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona by way of Cape Verde Islands, the Canaries, Africa and Gibraltar. In late April/early May we head back by way of Lisbon, Medeira, and Bermuda. Any advice on clothing?

Thanks.

Susan

• 3 weeks later...
I am going on my first transatlantic in April . A few stops in Spain and ending in Barcelona where we are staying for five days . I have my evening outfits figured out but am stuck on day time wear . I need help . Do they wear white on TA's or is that a no no ?

I am doing southern TA in March/April ending up in Spain. I am taking a version of this capsule wardrobe but subbing stone/khaki ankle pants for the white pants. Stone will work for hot Caribbean weather at the beginning and spring weather in Europe ports.

I am adding a black pencil skirt, waterproof jacket with hood, couple silk blouses, one pair shorts, bathing suit and maybe a couple t-shirts.

Our ship has free self-service laundry and no formal nights so black skirt and silk blouse will be for the nicer dinner venues.

http://classyyettrendy.com/2017/03/9-pieces-10-outfits-french-minimalist-style.html/

My TA was in April and my wardrobe worked out great . It was a little chilly several days so I ended up buying a nylon pull on top for my casual clothes . Lots of women were wearing work out gear ( yoga pants and tops )during the day . Two of my dinner outfits were mix and match wear ever seperates from JJill .They never wrinkled and worked out great . I sent laundry out twice mostly underwear , pajamas , t shirts and shorts and my work out gear . Have a great trip !

Hi,

We are doing TA in a couple of weeks, Have the option to get Spa pass for full cruise stay online (they said it is cheaper booking it before cruise) Have you any idea how much a Spa pass would cost onboard, did you use this area ?