Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

Miss S. I do not share your love of a good frost. What follows here is a loooooong period of bone-chilling cold. Lucky kids to get some of your cookies! I wish I lived closer! I could do a taste test for you. :)

Speaking of taste tests....Mike that is my kind of recipe! Thanks for the giggle!

Penny..you got to Canada in time for our 100th birthday in 1967.

Lois...sorry that your team did not triumph this time. Next year? :)

Lois, sorry I don't know anything about football...I like soccer. However our DD studied architecture at University of Miami, which I somehow think may be the Hurricanes...could also be the Gators, though. Anyway I'll be with Miami. What is Nole?

Hi Cam, I know Miami are the Hurricanes.........and Florida are the Gators.........we are the Seminoles.....Florida

State.......I know them all and more;)......I have been following football since the age of 7............just wondered who else

had mentioned being football fans a while back.......this is quite big news for college fans.........

Miss S. I do not share your love of a good frost. What follows here is a loooooong period of bone-chilling cold. Lucky kids to get some of your cookies! I wish I lived closer! I could do a taste test for you. :)

Speaking of taste tests....Mike that is my kind of recipe! Thanks for the giggle!

Penny..you got to Canada in time for our 100th birthday in 1967.

Lois...sorry that your team did not triumph this time. Next year? :)

Frost kills germs M....or so we are told!!! Cookies are shop bought....shame on me 😳

Miss S. Absolutely no shame on the cookies! I haven't baked in forever (which is why I especially liked Mike's recipe). And frost may kill germs but it does a number on my ability to stay warm! I really look like the Michelin man with my layers. :)

I remember looking like the Michelin Man!

Mysty, you mentioned that I was in Canada for Centennial year. I was and it was exciting. We were in Halifax and navy ships and tall ships from all over the world came for a sail past. Then many of the ships sailed to Montreal for Expo. I flew to MTL and met my DH on the ship for Expo festivities. There were lots of events and parties!! The Queen Mother came to Halifax and my DH flew her around the Maritimes and flew her to NFLD for some salmon fishing. Good memories.....

Looks yummy and what is in it???

Hi,

Smoked haddock, parsnips, fennel, onions, veg bouillon, curry powder, butter. milk, cream and some salt. It is pretty much the same every Monday and it is divine even though it is tradition not to talk that way about one's own dishes. The key thing is I've bought a wonderful soup maker and instead of it being ornamental it is one of the best things I've bought for the kitchen. A key decision was to buy one that sautes before it cooks the soup. The soup takes just over twenty minutes to make and the cleaning up is a doddle. The meal we both look forward to all week is Monday Soup Day.

Hope you are drinking pisco JP and that you are having a great time.

Greetings Coolers! Another wet and blustery day here. Nasty!

Penny...sorry I misspoke earlier. Should have said Queen Mother not Queen. Red-faced here!

J...the soup looks amazing! Myster made his soup yesterday and it was delicious!

JP and Chris...that excursion looks fascinating! Hope you enjoy it!

Enjoy your afternoon/evening all!

Hello, everyone. This thread has now exceeded 5000 posts, so Part Four has been created at this link: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2559429

This thread will remain available for reading, but is now closed to new posts. Remember to subscribe to the new thread if you were subscribed to this one!