sailing at 11 pm

dalliowner

We called Seabourn in Seattle when we were searching for flights, to check how late we could board. We were told it was best to arrive before 4 PM, while the port officials were still there, since it was difficult to find the proper officials for approval after the formal boarding period was over. We are not sure what sort of approval you need to leave the country, but that is what we were told.

This does not directly answer your question about the timing of the safety drill, but it does suggest the typical time of approximately 4 - 4:30, which does not impinge on dinner, is likely.

Benzy, I am just looking at "The Herald' I had retained from our April cruise and on embarkation day it lists the 'all aboard' time as 10.30pm. I think I remember on embarkation day going to seabourn square after dinner (say around 9.00pm) and we saw a few pax having a private safety briefing with a ships officer. I assumed at the time that they were pax who embarked after the scheduled safety drill at 4.45pm. And certainly during the formal safety drill when they check off everyones attendance, many people were not yet on board. Hope this helps.

It does help and I’m gojng to request transfers so they’ll have an idea what time I’ll be there. I never usually cut it close but it’s jet blue non stop ftom Ft Lauderdale and unless they’re 4 hours delayed I should be fine. Still a little hairy but didn’t want to spend the nite in Barbados. Time will tell if I boo booed

We were booked with Jetblue, Barbados to Fort Lauderdale on our disembarkation day. Perfect flight at about 1pm. Then they changed the flight to 7.30ish in the morning! Not possible for us. Do they often do this? We had to rebook with American late afternoon to Miami. We weren't pleased!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Margbem, we also flew with JetBlue from Fort Lauderdale to Barbados and return. It was our only ever flights with JetBlue. On disembarkation day we too were on the 1.00pm flight which went ahead without a hitch. It was the perfect time to allow a leisurely disembarkation from the ship. Interestingly on our flight over to Barbados (we flew over a few days before cruise) the plane was virtually empty. No more than 10 - 15 passengers in total. I can only think that the cancelled flight was due to lack of numbers ??

Margbem, we also flew with JetBlue from Fort Lauderdale to Barbados and return. It was our only ever flights with JetBlue. On disembarkation day we too were on the 1.00pm flight which went ahead without a hitch. It was the perfect time to allow a leisurely disembarkation from the ship. Interestingly on our flight over to Barbados (we flew over a few days before cruise) the plane was virtually empty. No more than 10 - 15 passengers in total. I can only think that the cancelled flight was due to lack of numbers ??

Candylover - I really don't know. They changed the time rather than cancelled it but with two flights a day into Miami early morning and late afternoon with AA, the Jetblue flight really served a purpose going at lunchtime whereas now it is in competition with the AA flight! Also, we are staying in Fort Lauderdale so we now have to go through immigration in Miami, catch the shuttle to the car rental centre and then drive to FL in the dark to find our rental house! It has really messed us up!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On the March 10th Barbados/Barbados.

Well, the thought of arriving in Barbados at 5:30 on sailing day has gotten to me. I don't want to miss half the first day and even think about flying the next day to Martinique should the flight be delayed or canceled. So I'm taking the Jet Blue out of FLL the day before, and I already feel so much better. No reason to stress for 4 months before a relaxing cruise.

Jet Blue to FLL's return is rediculous at like 6:30 AM. We are taking the 3:50 non stop into Miami

Now, what do we do until our flight? I know they have a transfer/tour but I hate to be on a 9:30 tour. How late can we stay on ship. Thinking of going for a nice lunch somewhere and then airport .....but the luggage?

Any suggestions appreciated.

It does help and I’m gojng to request transfers so they’ll have an idea what time I’ll be there. I never usually cut it close but it’s jet blue non stop ftom Ft Lauderdale and unless they’re 4 hours delayed I should be fine. Still a little hairy but didn’t want to spend the nite in Barbados. Time will tell if I boo booed

You have your reasons, of course, but there is no way on Earth I would recommend arriving in the port city less than the day before embarkation day. There are far too many variables that affect flight operations which might cause a missed sailing. Not worth the aggravation. If you have to fly same day be sure your travel insurance has the appropriate coverages.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

You have your reasons, of course, but there is no way on Earth I would recommend arriving in the port city less than the day before embarkation day. There are far too many variables that affect flight operations which might cause a missed sailing. Not worth the aggravation. If you have to fly same day be sure your travel insurance has the appropriate coverages.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Agreed! I changed my flight to the day before sailing :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Benzygirl, I don't know the earliest time you could board but we were definitely on board in time for lunch in The Colonnade. I'm thinking we probably got to The Colonnade, after completing boarding formalities (which didn't take very long at all) at around 1.00 - 1.15pm. Definitely others had boarded earlier than us, but not sure what would be the earliest. Our suites were ready at around 2.00pm.

Benzygirl, I don't know the earliest time you could board but we were definitely on board in time for lunch in The Colonnade. I'm thinking we probably got to The Colonnade, after completing boarding formalities (which didn't take very long at all) at around 1.00 - 1.15pm. Definitely others had boarded earlier than us, but not sure what would be the earliest. Our suites were ready at around 2.00pm.

lovely! So excited! Did they let anyone stay on the ship late? Our flight home is not until 4. Need to plan :hearteyes:

Benzygirl, not sure about staying on the ship late when disembarking. We left around 9.30am to catch a flight at around 1.00pm. Perhaps best to check with Seabourn if you want to stay on much later. You will have a wonderful time. Such a relaxing part of the world to cruise.

We have decided to do pre and post stays in Barbados. We have made reservations at The Courtyard by Marriott for the pre stay as we are arriving later in the evening. I keep hoping that AA will add more flights to enable us to fly home without a Post night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums