LA area airport for San Pedro departure

hockeygal54

Looking @ cruises out of LA for next fall and I'm assuming departures from there leave from San Pedro. I only fly SWA so looking @ their options. They fly to Burbank, OC, LAX and Long Beach. What would be transport options with this criteria?

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Which cruiseline? Carnival uses the port of Long Beach. The other cruiselines usually (maybe 98 per cent) uses Port of LA in San Pedro (the exceptions would be port stops on coastal cruises for a few cruise lines such as Princess or if there's not enough berths open at SP because of construction).

If you are planning to go directly from the airport :rolleyes: and not come in the day before, you need to make sure you get in early enough to deal with rush hour traffic (not to mention flight delays, etc.).

Burbank is in the Valley, which means several different freeways to get to SP. It's a good choice if you are planning to stay in the Valley (if your pre-cruise plans include Magic Mountain, Warner Bros. tour, etc.) or Hollywood.

For the other airports, you can use Supershuttle if you don't mind a possible tour of LA on the way to the port as it's a shared van, dropping off passengers at various hotels. You can go with their Execucar private vehicle or one of the many others that book point-to-point private transportation.

You can also go with a taxi or Uber.

Some cruiselines might have a transfer service, too.

• 3 weeks later...

Agree that Carnival Cruises leave from Long Beach and so that airport or LAX would be the closest.

Most of the other cruise lines leave from San Pedro.

I think that for San Pedro it would be the same, either LAX or Long Beach.

You can use Uber/Lyft /taxis or car service like Execucar at any of those airports.

IF you come in and want to stay overnight there are no hotels with airport shuttles but there are hotels with cruiseport shuttles like the Doubletree San Pedro or the Maya in Long Beach.