Lady's Neck Travel Wallet what works for you?

I was wondering what neck travel wallet works well for you. I would like to get one that has a card holder (RFID protection), passport holder, not bulky, cell phone pocket and would work well under light colored t-shirts. Looking to wear this in the summer in Europe and give it as a gift for the holidays.

Yes. I was thinking of the neck wallet and a hidden pocket to deter pick pocketing.(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0054IH9UC/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_15?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER). The hidden pocket would be for everyday purchases and the neck wallet for for credit cards etc. I guess I will have to put my phone in my neck wallet as I will be using it for pictures. I would be too nervous with a cross body purse.

Edited by Cruiseoholic000

I never use a neck wallet when touring -- too bulky and very obvious under clothes. If I need a secure bag I use a waist one for passport and credit cards. Usually like others have said I use a Bagallini cross body bag that I keep my hand on. If it's cool I wear it under my jacket.

I usually only take one credit card when touring and keep a copy in the room safe. I also like to have pants with zipper pockets to keep cards in. Make sure to inform your bank that you will be traveling so they expect charges from specific countries.

Now you have me thinking of a money belt and eagle creek hidden pocket. hmmm But what to do with your cell phone?

I have a small international phone so keep it in a front pants pocket.

I use RFD credit card and passport covers. I often carry a small backpack for extra jackets etc.

Where are you traveling that you need such protection?

You may want to consider a travel vest?

Could wear a neck wallet crossbody.

Where are you traveling to?

The idea of an under clothes Travel wallet is to be unseen, not to be taken out in public.

Have you seen the Travel scarves with hidden pockets?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am going on the Rhine but it has been many many years since I have been overseas. My last trip someone I was traveling with was pick pocked and had some problems. I have seen the travel scarves and those look great but not in the heat of July. The money belt/neck wallet would be for things that can't be lost (passport, credit cards etc.) and eagle creek hidden pocket would be my daily allowance. If that was taken it would stink but would not put a huge damper on the trip.

Will you need your passport with you or can you use another form of ID and leave it in a safe? Each country has it's own rules. Any time that you dig around your body for an item you draw attention to yourself as having something worth stealing. https://www.ricksteves.com/travel-tips/theft-scams/outsmarting-pickpockets

I would go with a "money belt" for passport. Front "pockets" for credit cards and cash --they are easy to make.... In Europe I typically wear a vest or light jacket/cardigan and wear a crossbody bag under it. Or the crossbody bag is under the backpack.

I wear Chicos jeans and shorts that have pockets horizontal to the body --behind the tummy panels. I also have ones with zippered leg pockets. Use a backpack or shoulder bag for shopping, jackets, water etc.

I love my Travelon brand travel purse so much that I now carry it every single day. I also use a RFID wallet from the same company. Slash proof, water resistant, very light weight and RFID blocking. http://www.travelonbags.com/anti-theft

All the outside zippers have clasp that take some one an extra minute. When pickpockets see this bag they just turn around. True! I keep the wallet on the inside strap with a clip. Mine also has a clip that can secure it to a chair or whatever.

They aren't gorgeous but so practical for travel.

I’ve seen people with their neck wallets hanging out. My friend uses the waist kind and drags it out to pay for things...really dopey in my mind. I use the waist kind for traveling. Always leave my passport in the safe, and use my crossbody Pacsafe purse for carrying the necessities...ie a tiny bit of money, a credit card, tissues, change. It too has an rfid blocking pocket. I keep my cellphone in a zippered pocket in the purse.

I’ve seen people with their neck wallets hanging out. My friend uses the waist kind and drags it out to pay for things...really dopey in my mind. I use the waist kind for traveling. Always leave my passport in the safe, and use my crossbody Pacsafe purse for carrying the necessities...ie a tiny bit of money, a credit card, tissues, change. It too has an rfid blocking pocket. I keep my cellphone in a zippered pocket in the purse.

I much prefer the Travelon version to the Pacsafe model of tiny cross body bag. They are nicer looking and better organized in my experience. I agree that any slash proof cross body bag is easier and better than a waist or neck belt.

I recently ordered this bag. It is slash proof and has RFID blocking pockets for credit cards and passport. It is one of the smaller bags (I tend to end up with as much stuff as a bag can hold so I try to keep them small) and it has clips on both zippered compartments to deter pickpockets.

The waist type of wallet worn next to your skin can get hot and sweaty in the heat. Everything inside ends up slightly damp.

Did that in St Petersburg... when the immigration officer looked at when I was going back to the ship she asked what had happened. I pointed to my waist-pack and she just roared with laughter. My favorite cruise story....

I used this when I was in Europe back in August.......it says it goes over your head but....but the strap was long enough

to go around my waist and it is VERY lightweight.......it looks small but it held everything I needed.........money,

ID, and I don't use a phone when I am touring so it stayed in the hotel room/cabin on the ship. I am just low maintenance.

And it is so thin that you can even put it between skin and waist......nobody would even know it is on your person and no issues

with weather and getting heated up. It is soft, silk like.

eagle460178_242702_jb.jpg

I much prefer the Travelon version to the Pacsafe model of tiny cross body bag. They are nicer looking and better organized in my experience. I agree that any slash proof cross body bag is easier and better than a waist or neck belt.

I didn’t think to look at Travelon , they are nice looking. Unfortunately, I just bought my second Pacsafe after breaking the zipper on my old one. Live and learn.

Speaking as someone who has lived in, and travelled extensively in Europe for 40 plus years, your best security is to use common sense and be aware of your surroundings. I have never been pickpocketed or had anything stolen (except once, decades ago when I was stupid enough to leave my wallet in my supermarket trolley while I went to another part of the store).

Suppose I had asked - I was wondering what neck travel wallet works well for you. I would like to get one that has a card holder (RFID protection), passport holder, not bulky, cell phone pocket and would work well under light colored t-shirts. Looking to wear this in the summer in the US and give it as a gift for the holidays.

What would you have advised me??:)

If you’re on a cruise there’s no need to carry your passport, all of your credit cards and lots of cash for everyday excursions, leave excess in your cabin safe and take what is needed for the day. If you’re uncomfortable not having your passport with you bring a copy along.

I know it could happen to anyone but we’ve never had a problem and think you may be ‘over thinking’ the what ifs.

Enjoy your travels.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Suppose I had asked - I was wondering what neck travel wallet works well for you. I would like to get one that has a card holder (RFID protection), passport holder, not bulky, cell phone pocket and would work well under light colored t-shirts. Looking to wear this in the summer in the US and give it as a gift for the holidays.

What would you have advised me??:)

If I had a recommendation for a good neck wallet, I'd have given it. ;)

People have different comfort levels. Regardless of your experience, other have theirs and will act accordingly.