Port of San Diego to LAX

kokopelli-az

For some reason, I don't see a definitive answer for the best transportation from the pier to LAX.

We are disembarking in San Diego from Holland America's Oosterdam on Sat, Dec 2. Our flight leaves at 1:15 pm. There are four of us so we would be dividing the cost.

Is a taxi the best transportation? Not interested in ride shares, the ship's transportation, Uber etc.

For some reason, I don't see a definitive answer for the best transportation from the pier to LAX.

We are disembarking in San Diego from Holland America's Oosterdam on Sat, Dec 2. Our flight leaves at 1:15 pm. There are four of us so we would be dividing the cost.

Is a taxi the best transportation? Not interested in ride shares, the ship's transportation, Uber etc.

Assuming you are familiar with LA traffic, I would rent a car and hope there wasn't a major tie-up on my route to LAX or even on the freeways leaving SD.

Probly too late to suggest flying out of SD rather than LA, huh?

Assuming you are familiar with LA traffic, I would rent a car and hope there wasn't a major tie-up on my route to LAX or even on the freeways leaving SD.

Probly too late to suggest flying out of SD rather than LA, huh?

OMG!! I'm sorry, yes, we are flying out of San Diego (SAN). I don't know why I was thinking LAX. I changed the wording in my original posting to SAN but can't change the title... So we ARE flying out of SAN.

Agreed, plenty of taxis outside the terminal and short drive. However with four you might need two taxis if you have all the luggage. Still shouldn't cost $20. I wouldn't be in any hurry to get off the ship either. SAN terminal is the worst for services inside security.

I wouldn't be in any hurry to get off the ship either. SAN terminal is the worst for services inside security.

That used to be the case, but not any longer since the refurbishing and expansion of the terminal. Dining options are much better now.

That used to be the case, but not any longer since the refurbishing and expansion of the terminal. Dining options are much better now.

Not the SWA terminal once you pass security it's bagels and burgers, assuming you can find a place to sit. I did see a fairly nice looking place outside security at the bottom of the escalator. But then you have to take your chances getting through security and on a debarkation that can be problematic at best.