1year old and swimming

Trinity4evr

We are going to cruise with our 1 year old. He loves the water but carnival says no on him swimming because of his swim diapers. We aren’t going to put him in the pools out of respect for others. But I am looking for advice for anything that we can do to let him be able to cool down and not leaving him inside all day. We are going on the carnival triamph.

As many have suggested, we're taking a very small, blow-up pool. We plan to keep it between the loungers in a less popular space, so as not to crowd those around us. It can be filled in the on deck showers.

Since most babies aren't keen on taking showers, the little pool can do double duty as a tub for nightly baths.

This is not a Carnival rule...it has to do with health and safety. Swim diapers do not trap the bacteria from the feces, so all people using the pool/waterpark area would be exposed.

I actually purchased a collapsable pet bath that does not require to be blown up and folds down to a 6 inch square block and fits perfect in the suitcase. I found it on amazon and it wasn't that expensive. We will be able to use it multiple times including out in the back yard next summer. The baby is just over a year now and we will be using it on our 17 day cruise to the Caribbean next week.

I actually purchased a collapsable pet bath that does not require to be blown up and folds down to a 6 inch square block and fits perfect in the suitcase. I found it on amazon and it wasn't that expensive. We will be able to use it multiple times including out in the back yard next summer. The baby is just over a year now and we will be using it on our 17 day cruise to the Caribbean next week.

Did you order the small (8" x 32") size? If so, did it give the kiddo enough room to walk around/play in it?