Largest cruise ship port schedule?

Capecodbeachfront

Right now it looks like my wife and I will be flying to Bermuda for a 5day / 4 night vacation in April or early May. Can some one here on CC help me avoid days when the largest cruise ships will be in port? I know from April on there are no days when there would be no ships docked. I'm fine with small ships but would like to avoid overlapping with some of the 4000+ passenger ships. I am hoping most of the huge ships do not start docking until mid May? Any suggestions ? What days of the week might be best to build my vacation around? Thank you.

Right now it looks like my wife and I will be flying to Bermuda for a 5day / 4 night vacation in April or early May. Can some one here on CC help me avoid days when the largest cruise ships will be in port? I know from April on there are no days when there would be no ships docked. I'm fine with small ships but would like to avoid overlapping with some of the 4000+ passenger ships. I am hoping most of the huge ships do not start docking until mid May? Any suggestions ? What days of the week might be best to build my vacation around? Thank you.

Large ships start docking the last week of April. The hugh ones like Anthem of the Seas have alternated between Saturday and Monday/Tuesday and the hugh NCL ship, I believe it is Escape next year every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Both usually start at the end of April. The Bermuda port scheduale is not out yet but you can confirm on NCL's and RCL's web sites. I don't really think you can build a 5 day vacation in Bermuda around avoiding large cruise ships during the cruise season. Last week of April until the end of October. You could book a week earlier than the last week. Won't be beach weather but neither will it be beach weather the last week of April or early May.

I don't think being in Bermuda the days when hugh ships are there will be bad if you are flying in. The most impact is at the Dockyard. You could stay on the East End to minimize any of that impact.

Edited by Charles4515

We mostly visit Bermuda May and June. May is definately the month that NCL, Celebrity, RCCL, Holland American (I know I am missing some others) dock in Bermuda. Ships dock in St. Georges, Hamilton and Kings Wharf, Monday thru Sunday. Cruising in or flying intoBermuda the Island is always busy but definately manageable.The dates I would avoid are Bermudas National Holidays when services are minimalized. That is when things get really bogged down. We have never been unable to stay busy. Bermuda is just a perfect place to visit..

Gary

Thank you, especially for the tip re: Bermuda holiday. Mid April will likely be fine with us. We are 'go to the beach' type, not snorkel, swim at the beach type. Water temps would not be that critical for us.

The huge ships intimidate me... The thought of thousands of passengers hitting the beach at the same time would pre-stress me, even if it never actually happened. Makes me think of the many times a quiet overlook was ruined when 2 tour buses of 'ants' swarmed for their 20 minute stop...

BTW I am still trying to decide where to stay.... Hamilton area vs along the South Beach bus route (7?). Zero chance we will be brave enough to use scooters. Seems like either way we will be spending (wasting) a lot of time on local buses. Most of our meals, maybe all, will be out. Does that make Hamilton a better choice? Hate to add an 8 PM Taxi fare back to the south shore to an already pricey meal. Are there public restaurants along the south shore bus route?

Found this schedule for Kings Wharf/Heritage Wharf, which is where the big ships would dock.

http://crew-center.com/kings-wharf-bermuda-cruise-port-schedule-2018

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Interesting...we're going to be at King's Wharf on the Carnival Elation on April 11 and 12, but it's not listed on the schedule!
I think this info is from a third party site and not official Bermuda issued info, so there is certainly a chance it's not complete or 100% accurate.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Thank you the schedule is helpful... Since I am only looking at April to Early May I can work backwards to see how long some of the ships are in port. We have been away from cruising research for awhile (Europe land trips instead) so I did not know Escape was a new monster ship. I did remember there was a site that gave a chart for where & how long ships were in port by cruise line. Damn if I could find it again.

BTW Is the Kings Wharf area worth a ferry trip from Hamilton or a longer bus ride from the south shore? The area seems to be promoted well? But it would likely take up more than 1/2 a day. It would likely be an either / or selection between St Georges & K Wharf. Doubt we would do both...

Thank you the schedule is helpful... Since I am only looking at April to Early May I can work backwards to see how long some of the ships are in port. We have been away from cruising research for awhile (Europe land trips instead) so I did not know Escape was a new monster ship. I did remember there was a site that gave a chart for where & how long ships were in port by cruise line. Damn if I could find it again.

BTW Is the Kings Wharf area worth a ferry trip from Hamilton or a longer bus ride from the south shore? The area seems to be promoted well? But it would likely take up more than 1/2 a day. It would likely be an either / or selection between St Georges & K Wharf. Doubt we would do both...

BTW, King's Wharf is one of the 2 wharves where cruise ships dock in the area that is called the Royal Naval Dockyard (aka West End). IMO, the Dockyard is worth a visit. If you are in Hamilton, I would take the ferry to the Dockyard (20 minute travel time) rather than a bus.

If I were given the choice of visiting the Dockyard or St George, I would visit SG since it is designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Center.

SBtS