Thanksgiving

English Tim

Our cruise ends in Miami on November 23rd, which I believe is Thanksgiving. Does this mean most shops including Walmart will be closed to prepare for Black Friday?

We were thinking of renting a car prior to our evening flight, but maybe we'll be better accepting Seabourn's hospitality at a hotel?

Good question. We also have a late flight on Thanksgiving Day. Seabourn airport excursion transfers will still get us to the airport too early for us. I hadn’t thought of renting a car. On holidays the traffic should be light in Miami.

Our cruise ends in Miami on November 23rd, which I believe is Thanksgiving. Does this mean most shops including Walmart will be closed to prepare for Black Friday?

We were thinking of renting a car prior to our evening flight, but maybe we'll be better accepting Seabourn's hospitality at a hotel?

Nope. There will be many stores open to start the shopping early. Pretty sure Walmart is one of them

Techno, no offence, but Walmart is the last place that I would want be on Black Friday, let alone end my Seabourn cruise there. We gave up buying the essentials there many years ago. I would rather pay a higher price in a better environment than fight the rude bargain hunters.

If Seabourn is offering you a day room at a decent hotel then I would suggest ending your cruise that way. We have hung out on the beach at South Beach and it can be a nice day if the weather is nice. Otherwise I would skip South Beach as it has gotten pretty tacky (but perhaps it always was.)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Sunprince

Hi Tim

When we’ve left the ship in Miami, likewise we’ve always hired a car for the day as the flight back to the U.K. has always been a late one. in the past we’ve tried South Beach, always been too busy to park, but had better success driving down to Key Biscayne which has a very nice state park to visit. Unless you particularly want to shop in Walmart for bargains, i’d Avoid it like the plague:D

Last time we went after our March cruise through the Panama Canal, we couldn’t get down to Key Biscayne due to a Tennis Tournament creating severe traffic delays and ended up at Miami Seaquarium for a good few hours!

Steve