Notes and Coins Changing

Eglesbrech

You know how the UK has just got rid of the old style £5 notes and pound coins. Just a word of warning, Norway are changing and their notes are in a transition period at the moment with the final date for accepting old notes next May.

We tend to keep our currency from cruise to cruise but have not been to Norway or Denmark in a while.Went to top up our supply and noticed that the notes were all different so I checked on line and with the tourist board.

You have until May for Norway but if you have the old style Danish Kroner they are no longer legal tender and shops can refuse to take them but banks will exchange. The old ones have people with hats on them, the new notes have objects.

I think I will cash in the rest of my less frequently used currency just in case as that could have been embarrassing if we did not find out until we were in Copenhagen.

Anyone know of any other countries changing their notes recently?

Helpful tip, but so far only the 100 and 200 Kr notes have been issued and only the old ones of these denominations go out of use in May 18. So my one remaining Norwegian note, 50 Kr, is OK for my return to Norway in August - the replacement is planned for the end of 18 and the old ones are valid for a year after that (details at http://www.norges-bank.no/en/notes-and-coins/new-banknote-series/).

You know how the UK has just got rid of the old style £5 notes and pound coins. Just a word of warning, Norway are changing and their notes are in a transition period at the moment with the final date for accepting old notes next May.

We tend to keep our currency from cruise to cruise but have not been to Norway or Denmark in a while.Went to top up our supply and noticed that the notes were all different so I checked on line and with the tourist board.

You have until May for Norway but if you have the old style Danish Kroner they are no longer legal tender and shops can refuse to take them but banks will exchange. The old ones have people with hats on them, the new notes have objects.

I think I will cash in the rest of my less frequently used currency just in case as that could have been embarrassing if we did not find out until we were in Copenhagen.

Anyone know of any other countries changing their notes recently?

Thanks for that we have about 650 left which we will now change.

Sent from my iPad using Forums