Intercruise coaches

Augustus1#

Hi , we are travelling to Southampton via the coach company tomorrow morning. Does anybody know if they have seat belts or lap belts. I have two different car seats for my 3 year old and trying to decide which is best or if needed.

We are excited to be boarding Ventura tomorrow for a much needed holiday.

Hi , we are travelling to Southampton via the coach company tomorrow morning. Does anybody know if they have seat belts or lap belts. I have two different car seats for my 3 year old and trying to decide which is best or if needed.

We are excited to be boarding Ventura tomorrow for a much needed holiday.

Hi we travelled from Darlington in September and the coach to Southampton was a lap belt the return coach was a full seat belt

Both recent new coaches and clean and comfortable

Hope this helps

Enjoy your cruise

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On the subject of intercruises last time we used these you could really tell they were cutting corners to save themselves ££. Numerous feeder coaches instead of the old days when they just got passengers from A to B asap. Going 50 minutes off course for drop offs to save the need of providing a different bus etc.

I can see why they do it but people with mobility issues or families don’t want to be dragged on and off buses numerous times. When faced with a 8 hour journey people dont want to have to go 15 miles off the A1 as they cant be bothered to provide an additional bus to drop off in Leeds City Centre etc.

They were also massively disorganised in the dock at Southampton. No one seemed to know what they were doing.

Hopefully that was a one off!

• 2 months later...
Hi we travelled from Darlington in September and the coach to Southampton was a lap belt the return coach was a full seat belt

Both recent new coaches and clean and comfortable

Hope this helps

Enjoy your cruise

hi Montesa3566, just booked a cruise on Britannia for July - first time we have done the coach. where was your pick-up point? we are from Darlington and thinking its Scotch Corner? how was the coach journey overall? how long roughly was it and how many stops? very interested to know just for preparation as imagine was a long day. also if you can give me idea the time you had to be ready? my hub is thinking 4am? I'm hoping not too extreme!

cheers,

claire

Edited by claiream3
spelling error

Hi Claire

We were picked up from Scotch Corner services at 06.00 and stopped at Wetherby, Leeds, Sheffield and Northampton

Journey was effortless in a very comfortable new coach

Arrival into Southampton should have been 14.00 but we were delayed in traffic

Arrived at 15.30 and were on board within 30 mins( our luggage beat us to the cabin)

The return journey was just as impressive boarded the coach approx 10.00 after breakfast and back at Scotch corner 17.00 with stops at Sheffield and wetherby

Have a great time

Ian

We are booked on a coach back to Manchester airport late Oct when we return to Southampton on Oceana, having flown out to Malta to start the cruise.

Last time we did a return translocation cruise after flying from Manchester we were on Eavesway and stopped at the services on the toll motorway (just north of Birmingham) and there were also toilets on the coach. Do the current coaches have toilets on them? I would hope our journey will be direct to Manchester airport as there will be a number of people going there. Just a bit bothered about getting stuck on a coach and no acesss to facilites having read this thread.