Hotels?

parttimr

Saint Greg have you ever stayed at the Frenchman ? It has great reviews .Was considering that one as well

I haven’t. I’m usually there for Saints games so I try to stay closer to downtown. I’ve only stayed at one hotel that side of Jackson square...once..and only because they overbooked my hotel...Hotel Provencial. I liked it...but it was a hike and a half to the superdome.

But if you’re looking to spend time on Frenchman Street... Frenchman looks like a good place...good reviews.

Edited by Saint Greg

Saint Greg thanks again for all your advice/info. I think I scored a phenomenal deal. For Aug 11 I had been eyeing Priceline and Hotwire and yesterday I found the Hilton Riverside for $68 with taxes it was just under $90 for a standard room 2 queens. I hopped on it right away and got my confirmation. More than happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Saint Greg thanks again for all your advice/info. I think I scored a phenomenal deal. For Aug 11 I had been eyeing Priceline and Hotwire and yesterday I found the Hilton Riverside for $68 with taxes it was just under $90 for a standard room 2 queens. I hopped on it right away and got my confirmation. More than happy.

Great deal. That’s about as good as you’ll find it. I got it for $61 in December and that’s my best deal of the year.

Saint Greg thank u for all the great info.My sister likes the looks and location of the Four Points Sheraton on Bourbon any opinions on this facility ? It's between that and Royal omni ..but she prefers to be on bourbon .Thank u

I like Four Points. It’s a great place to stay if you want to be on Bourbon. Here’s a little review I did on it two years ago.

3b756db5d64ad4408deeaaeb2e3fea6e.jpg

Have you stayed at the Royal Sonesta Saint Greg ? Any info thank u

Yep. Love it. More of a 4-4.5 star hotel where Four points is like 3-3.5. Sheraton vs. Holiday Inn basically. Everything equal I’d do Royal Sonesta. But if there was a huge price difference or something I’d do Four Points.

Saint Greg, I'm looking on hotwire (for March 2) at a 4 star warehouse district hotel for $129 and a 4 star French quarter- Mississipi river area hotel for $129 as well. Any clue which hotels these might be?

Also any opinion on the Prytania Oaks Hotel? It's another we're considering

Saint Greg, I'm looking on hotwire (for March 2) at a 4 star warehouse district hotel for $129 and a 4 star French quarter- Mississipi river area hotel for $129 as well. Any clue which hotels these might be?

Also any opinion on the Prytania Oaks Hotel? It's another we're considering

The French Quarter-Mississippi river one is Hilton Riverside.

The warehouse district...they either added golf to the old no. 77 hotel and chandlery or they upgraded the hotel modern from 3.5 stars to 4. Either way I’d take Hilton Riverside.

I don’t have any experience with the prytania hotels. I know a couple of people have posted on here that they liked the park and cruise deal they had..but I believe that was at prytania Park, not prytania oaks.

Stayed at Hilton Riverside on Sunday. First time in building 3 and I really liked it. 2nd floor which is the lowest floor in that building because the mall is on the 1st floor. Anyway..each group of rooms has a courtyard between them...and one had a pool. My room was by the Mark Twain courtyard which was great for watching ships.

e76050f7eb889dc09efe572cf28b6f9f.jpg

73e2311452b686bd19f2d22faae72fc3.jpg

I caught the NCL Pearl leaving on Sunday.

6e3f27e1279c21bccca8cae9da22f0de.jpg

Then on Monday morning I watched Triumph come in.

Zhjs2TIxcsE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saint Greg,

It is really great of you to help everyone out.

I'm traveling 2/24/18

On hotwire I see:

4* FQ-Miss. River 90%, Do you figure this is Riverside?

4* GQ-bourbon 90%, Do you know what this is right now?

Thank you!

Saint Greg,

It is really great of you to help everyone out.

I'm traveling 2/24/18

On hotwire I see:

4* FQ-Miss. River 90%, Do you figure this is Riverside?

4* GQ-bourbon 90%, Do you know what this is right now?

Thank you!

Yes, Riverside.

Not 100% on the other one but my best guess is the W - New Orleans - French Quarter

Saint Greg,sorry to be a pain in ass.We have decided to stay one block off of bourbon due to all the complaints of the construction. Where would you stay between the Royal omni orleans and Chateau Leymone? Both are offering us a group rate and are pretty comparable with the Omni being slightly more but as far as location amenities & things nearby which would you recommend ? Thank you so much I promise this will be my last question

Saint Greg,sorry to be a pain in ass.We have decided to stay one block off of bourbon due to all the complaints of the construction. Where would you stay between the Royal omni orleans and Chateau Leymone? Both are offering us a group rate and are pretty comparable with the Omni being slightly more but as far as location amenities & things nearby which would you recommend ? Thank you so much I promise this will be my last question

I like both but I would pick Omni Royal Orleans due to its proximity to Jackson Square, French Market, Riverwalk, restaurants and also I really like its rooftop bar/pool.

• 2 weeks later...

Saint Greg HELP!!! I messed up on Hotwire. I got the Hilton Convention Center but wanted the Riverwalk. I've already paid for an Avis rental car to be dropped off at the Riverwalk. How far in the Convention Center from the pier??? Thanks

Saint Greg HELP!!! I messed up on Hotwire. I got the Hilton Convention Center but wanted the Riverwalk. I've already paid for an Avis rental car to be dropped off at the Riverwalk. How far in the Convention Center from the pier??? Thanks

You wanted Hilton Riverside and got Hilton Garden Inn Convention Center? How? Hilton Riverside is 4* French Quarter/Mississippi River while Hilton Garden is 3.5* Warehouse District.

If I understand right you rented a car to drop off at Hilton Riverside where you expected to be staying. You’re not too bad off. I would drop the car off and walk through the mall. The rental car place is right by the door to the riverwalk mall. Walk through the mall then take a right at the end and go outside when you get to the street take a left and your hotel is a few blocks down.

Then if you’re walking from your hotel..walk back to the mall and either go in and deal with stairs or just go around and deal with the no pedestrian sign.

First picture green dot shows where you drop the car off and enter the mall. Red dot shows where you exit the mall. Then the line is the path to the hotel.

Second picture shows two routes to the port. One goes through the mall but you have to go down steps at the end. The other goes around the mall but you have to walk down a street with a no pedestrian sign...but people walk down it anyway. You can see both routes (not from your hotel but from Riverside) in the “walk to port” thread.

50397495599b02dd6e5080dce6e65214.jpg

49023efed0cd4738795e964a4fd77ff3.jpg

Thanks for replying Greg...you are a saint! Before I say your reply, I took a chance and called Hotwire. I pleaded my case and the very nice lady let me rebook for the Riverside!!! BTW is Bourbon Street still under construction? TIA

Thanks for replying Greg...you are a saint! Before I say your reply, I took a chance and called Hotwire. I pleaded my case and the very nice lady let me rebook for the Riverside!!! BTW is Bourbon Street still under construction? TIA

It is still under construction.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello and Happy New Year, Saint Greg (and everyone else, for that matter),

I'm considering using Hotwire to book a hotel for March 10th (the night before our cruise). The following three hotels, all in the warehouse district, have caught my eye and I was hoping that you might have some insight as to which hotels they actually are:

- 3-star, 85% recommended ($140)

- 3.5-star, 80% recommended ($131)

- 4-star, 90% recommended ($132)

Anyway, the prices seem really good and the locations should be much more convenient to the port than the Westbank hotels that I had been looking at, but I don't particularly like surprises, so any help you can give me with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello and Happy New Year, Saint Greg (and everyone else, for that matter),

I'm considering using Hotwire to book a hotel for March 10th (the night before our cruise). The following three hotels, all in the warehouse district, have caught my eye and I was hoping that you might have some insight as to which hotels they actually are:

- 3-star, 85% recommended ($140)

- 3.5-star, 80% recommended ($131)

- 4-star, 90% recommended ($132)

Anyway, the prices seem really good and the locations should be much more convenient to the port than the Westbank hotels that I had been looking at, but I don't particularly like surprises, so any help you can give me with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Should be these:

4-star, 90% recommended ($132) - Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District Hotel

3.5-star, 80% recommended ($131) - New Orleans Downtown Marriott at the Convention Center

3-star, 85% recommended ($140) - SpringHill Suites New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center

Should be these:

4-star, 90% recommended ($132) - Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District Hotel

3.5-star, 80% recommended ($131) - New Orleans Downtown Marriott at the Convention Center

3-star, 85% recommended ($140) - SpringHill Suites New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center

Thanks so much, Saint Greg! That is extremely helpful.

Saint Greg would you have any knowledge on a 3.5 star from Priceline in the downtown area. Or 3.5 in the French Quarter area? Both are Express.

French Quarter 3.5 is $139. Downtown 3.5 is $121. Thanks for any help.

Edited by katybugg
Forgot an important part.

Saint Greg would you have any knowledge on a 3.5 star from Priceline in the downtown area. Or 3.5 in the French Quarter area? Both are Express.

French Quarter 3.5 is $139. Downtown 3.5 is $121. Thanks for any help.

Not as good with Priceline but if you give me the dates I’ll give it a shot.