When do Concierge rooms become available?

Disney Cruise Line
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:22 PM.
Western NY
1,379 Posts
Joined Jun 2012
Ok, here’s a question for the experts. We are looking at a April cruise for next year and there are no Concierge rooms available. However the cruises both prior and after the one we want have several rooms available. Stupid question, but are they all spoken for or are the travel agents still holding them to be released closer to the cruise date ? TIA
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
RCCL Diamond Plus
Celebrity Elite
Disney Silver
NCL Bronze
2,952 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Odds are high that they are sold out. I have never heard of TAs holding concierge cabins - especially since the deposits are non-refundable.

Occasionally the cabins DO come available if people either eat the deposit or manage to get it moved to a new date, but they are non-refundable, so most people are pretty sure they're going to cruise if they're booking them.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
beth

*~*~*~

Past Cruises ~ 4/1983 - SS Emerald Seas, Bahamas; 7/2013 - Disney Dream, Bahamas; 2/2014 - Disney Dream, Bahamas; 7/2014 - HAL ms Westerdam, Alaska; 2/2015 - Disney Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean; 7/2015 - RCCL Radiance of the Seas, Alaska; 7/2016 - RCCL Brilliance of the Seas, Mediterranean/Venice; 12/2016 - fathom Adonia, Cuba; 2/2017 - Disney Magic, Bahamas; 4/2017 - fathom Adonia, Cuba and Dominican Republic
Future Cruises ~ 7/2018 - Jewel of the Seas, Greek Isles; 2/2019 - Disney Wonder, Bahamas
10,347 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
On DCL, unlike on other lines, agents are not permitted to hold cabins that are not assigned to specific guests. They can do a 3 day hold prior to a deposit, but a name is needed for that. If the deposit is not paid within the hold period, the cabin reverts to DCL. This applies to regular cabins as well as concierge level bookings.

Yes, concierge cabins do open. While the deposit is non-refundable, it can be moved to another date. In addition, there are people who have emergency situations and have to give up their cruise (and let's hope they bought insurance!) We were on one cruise were the Walt suite was available for an upgrade at the terminal. When I expressed my surprise, knowing that DCL does keep a waitlist of people for that level booking, the supervisor CM explained that the family had a medical emergency and had canceled that morning--too late for anyone on the list to take advantage of the cabin. No, we didn't grab it. I still couldn't justify a 2 bedroom suite for 2 of us!
Redondo Beach, CA
1,084 Posts
Joined May 2005
Although I only book royal suites myself (which explains why we're only on our third Disney cruise unlike others who are on their third dozen), I am constantly amazed at how quickly the concierge cabins sell out. In fact, on many sailings we've looked at, by the time mere mortals can book (after the 24-hour advantage platinum and gold CC guests have), either all concierge cabins are booked or only a few 1BR/family cabins are left.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
7-night Eastern Caribbean on the ssc Diamond, r/t San Juan, July 1995 (730)
7-night Alaska Inside Passage on the ms Statendam, Seward to Vancouver, June 2000 (S7018)
10-night Gems of the Baltic on the ms Noordam, r/t Copenhagen, August 2003 (A063)
12-night Norweigian Fjords & Arctic Circle on the ms Rotterdam, Dover to Copenhagen, June 2005 (PS7001)
11-night Southern Caribbean on the ms Maasdam, r/t Norfolk, March 2006 (PS001)
14-night Southern Caribbean on the ms Ryndam, r/t Tampa, November 2006 (PS001)
14-night B2B Mexican Riviera on the ms Oosterdam, r/t San Diego, October 2008 (PS7046)
20-night Spring Discoveries on the ms Westerdam, Ft. Lauderdale to Venice, April 2010 (PS7046)
12-night Sea of Cortez on the ms Amsterdam, r/t San Diego, December 2010 (PS7002)
14-night Transatlantic Westbound on the Disney Magic, Barcelona to Port Canaveral, September 2011 (R8530)
14-night Eastbound Panama Canal on the Disney Wonder, San Diego to Port Canaveral, September 2014 (R8030)

14-night Eastbound Panama Canal on the Disney Wonder, San Diego to Galveston, October 2017 (R8030)
14-night Northern Isles on the ms Zuiderdam, r/t Copenhagen, July 2018 (PS7045)
10,347 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Originally posted by iceman93
Although I only book royal suites myself (which explains why we're only on our third Disney cruise unlike others who are on their third dozen), I am constantly amazed at how quickly the concierge cabins sell out. In fact, on many sailings we've looked at, by the time mere mortals can book (after the 24-hour advantage platinum and gold CC guests have), either all concierge cabins are booked or only a few 1BR/family cabins are left.
I don't know if they are still doing it, but DCL Inventory Control used to keep a record of people who were requesting the concierge suites for specific dates--there was a form that had to be faxed to inventory control and after you were contacted, you had 24 hours to plunk down your non-refundable deposit. They actually worked the list at the same time as the platinum bookings opened, so depending on the requests, some suites were booked before they ever showed up as "available." This applied to the "old" cat 1 and 2 on the Magic and Wonder. I do not know what the current policy is--whether it is "open season" to all when platinum booking starts or whether they still maintain the list.
1,984 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Originally posted by moki'smommy
I don't know if they are still doing it, but DCL Inventory Control used to keep a record of people who were requesting the concierge suites for specific dates--there was a form that had to be faxed to inventory control and after you were contacted, you had 24 hours to plunk down your non-refundable deposit. They actually worked the list at the same time as the platinum bookings opened, so depending on the requests, some suites were booked before they ever showed up as "available." This applied to the "old" cat 1 and 2 on the Magic and Wonder. I do not know what the current policy is--whether it is "open season" to all when platinum booking starts or whether they still maintain the list.
yes we did that way back in 2002....but i don't know if they still do that..
we really wanted the walt disney suite on the disney wonder and the only way to get it was by faxing DCL a year before the cruises were even released for booking...
i was sure we wouldn't get it but we did!! really loved that suite...that was back when it still had the grand piano!!

but i don't know if they still do that today...

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Beth
Western NY
1,379 Posts
Joined Jun 2012
Thank you all for the help and advice. Wish you had better news to tell me, but I’ll keep looking at their site to see what happens. We have a veranda room now which are great rooms , so I can’t complain !
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
RCCL Diamond Plus
Celebrity Elite
Disney Silver
NCL Bronze
Western NY
1,379 Posts
Joined Jun 2012
Great news, thought I would share with everyone that offered help. Last night a Concierge room popped up as I was checking rooms available and it’s now ours ! Thanks everyone for the advice !
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
RCCL Diamond Plus
Celebrity Elite
Disney Silver
NCL Bronze
1,984 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
that's great!!
yes people cancel ...i cancelled two concierge cruises - i kept moving my deposit...
things happen...
though we eventually did go on that cruise in a lovely one bedroom..

i hope you enjoy your cruise!!

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Beth
Western NY
1,379 Posts
Joined Jun 2012
Originally posted by alaska_planner
that's great!!
yes people cancel ...i cancelled two concierge cruises - i kept moving my deposit...
things happen...
though we eventually did go on that cruise in a lovely one bedroom..

i hope you enjoy your cruise!!

Thank you ! How can you not enjoy Disney . Happy cruising
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
RCCL Diamond Plus
Celebrity Elite
Disney Silver
NCL Bronze
106 Posts
Joined Jun 2015
We used to regularly book concierge on DCL. My experience was that if I wanted the concierge suite for a specific date, we had to call in on the day the new cruise itineraries were announced. We never failed to get one using this approach. We were also able to occasionally find one available on other than the first day, but first day seemed to work well.

Our kids are now adults, we are retired, and we still love to sail with DCL. We no longer book concierge, primarily due to price, but also with the kids being older a separate stateroom for them seems to be best. We also used to insist on the top deck. A few years ago we realized that we really like deck 6 on the classic ships, especially when its just the two of us. It cost a bit less, and we don't hear chairs and the like being moved on the pool deck.
1,984 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Originally posted by STHCruising
We used to regularly book concierge on DCL. My experience was that if I wanted the concierge suite for a specific date, we had to call in on the day the new cruise itineraries were announced. We never failed to get one using this approach. We were also able to occasionally find one available on other than the first day, but first day seemed to work well.

Our kids are now adults, we are retired, and we still love to sail with DCL. We no longer book concierge, primarily due to price, but also with the kids being older a separate stateroom for them seems to be best. We also used to insist on the top deck. A few years ago we realized that we really like deck 6 on the classic ships, especially when its just the two of us. It cost a bit less, and we don't hear chairs and the like being moved on the pool deck.
same with us...we used to only book concierge...
now we've found we're just as happy in a regular room for a lot less money!!
and without noise above us (on the classics), or being forced to be at the front of the ship (on the dream/fantasy)!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Beth