Alcohol Allowance

walworthwall

Incorrect - the new policy comes into force on Feb 1st. Many pax were embarking today in Southampton with amounts in excess of 1litre with no problems.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

Odd, since the website states it is the rule now! But typical confusion! Where did you get your Feb date from then?

Odd, since the website states it is the rule now! But typical confusion! Where did you get your Feb date from then?

There is a 'code of conduct' date of 1 February 2018 on P&O Website. But reading that, it appears to address dress codes, no alcohol. Alcohol policy to me appears to be in force now. It will be interesting to see if it is enforced.

I have not read it..cant be bothered but from the 1000+ post on one thread on FB clothing is 1.1.18 and drink is 1.2.18.

I think we apply common sense here..as some of the fb post were very silly. Christmas jumpers are not banned. Sensible T shirts are not banned. What they are dong is setting it out so if the have hen/stag groups wearing offensive clothing , and from some posts what others have seen, are very offensive, they can refer to the t and C and say please change.

The drinks have been done to the death. Spirits I think 1ltr to board and any top ups are via room service is quite reasonable. The problem maybe with wine and Iltr of wine, would probably not last 2 weeks and bottles of wine would be more expensive to buy.

No problems yesterday as someone posted a pix with 4 bottles of wine and a wine box and a bottle of spirit..not sure how long the cruise was..hopefully longer than 2 days!!

I have not read it..cant be bothered but from the 1000+ post on one thread on FB clothing is 1.1.18 and drink is 1.2.18.

I think we apply common sense here..as some of the fb post were very silly. Christmas jumpers are not banned. Sensible T shirts are not banned. What they are dong is setting it out so if the have hen/stag groups wearing offensive clothing , and from some posts what others have seen, are very offensive, they can refer to the t and C and say please change.

The drinks have been done to the death. Spirits I think 1ltr to board and any top ups are via room service is quite reasonable. The problem maybe with wine and Iltr of wine, would probably not last 2 weeks and bottles of wine would be more expensive to buy.

No problems yesterday as someone posted a pix with 4 bottles of wine and a wine box and a bottle of spirit..not sure how long the cruise was..hopefully longer than 2 days!!

Thanks, can you advise which FB group it is being discussed on? The official P&O Page?

We have had the date of February 1st for the new alcohol rules confirmed by P&O. Our TA sent a letter saying P&O wished to inform us about the date for the new rules on dress - January 1st - and the new rules on alcohol - February 1st. It goes on to say about being allowed to take a one litre bottle of alcohol on board after February 1st and that passengers will not be allowed to bring on alcohol from ports along the way. Our cruise departs at the beginning of January so we won't be affected by the alcohol rules other than that we won't be able to bring on any extra after 1st February. We will of course be able to buy alcohol on board from bars and restaurants.

I thought that maybe the date of February 1st was chosen because it then excludes both Arcadia's World Cruise and Aurora's 65 night circumnavigation of South America. Maybe P&O thought it was a step too far to tell World Cruisers that unlike all previous years they could only bring one litre of alcohol on board - just a thought.

All cruise lines to be transparent. If you know what you’re paying for that’s fine. But to move the goal posts change terms an conditions AFTER you’ve booked an fully paid for your cruise is atrocious and in my view makes the cruise line untrustworthy. What else will they do after they’ve taken bookings for it? No recourse

if they Change the itinerary ? Oh, sorry they’ve already done that !!

All cruise lines to be transparent. If you know what you’re paying for that’s fine. But to move the goal posts change terms an conditions AFTER you’ve booked an fully paid for your cruise is atrocious and in my view makes the cruise line untrustworthy. What else will they do after they’ve taken bookings for it? No recourse

if they Change the itinerary ? Oh, sorry they’ve already done that !!

Seeing that they have been selling cruises for 3 months now up to summer 2019 there is no period where there is a gap where it would affect nobody so with all good intent it is going to affect some and dont think as a company its practical for P&O to change T&Cs giving over 2 years notice.

Seeing that they have been selling cruises for 3 months now up to summer 2019 there is no period where there is a gap where it would affect nobody so with all good intent it is going to affect some and dont think as a company its practical for P&O to change T&Cs giving over 2 years notice.

Practical or not it is disengenious. They need to plan ahead if they intent to make changes. There have been far too many recently and none beneficial to customers.

Practical or not it is disengenious. They need to plan ahead if they intent to make changes. There have been far too many recently and none beneficial to customers.

Have you read all the changes Royal Caribbean have made for the next two years?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have you read all the changes Royal Caribbean have made for the next two years?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No. What are they up to?

IMO same thing applies to RCI as to P&O. Why should they all get away with making sweeping changes after people have booked?

As I have said ad nasium before people would not put up with this kind of thing with any other contract / purchase.

No. What are they up to?

Why should Cruise Companies get away with making sweeping changes to terms an conditions after people have booked and paid ?.people would not put up with this kind of thing with any other contract /purchase.

If you feel you've been ripped off and would like AngelaRippon, Gloria Hunniford and Julia Somerville to investigate,?

then .have a look at https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00wck32/contact

No. What are they up to?

IMO same thing applies to RCI as to P&O. Why should they all get away with making sweeping changes after people have booked?

As I have said ad nasium before people would not put up with this kind of thing with any other contract / purchase.

I booked a hotel some weeks ago and they have raised the prices of their beer, can I cancel?

Wow, seven pages of this and not one of you has mentioned what may actually be the real reason behind this. Carnival (not P&O) make the rules here and tell P&O what they are going to do (just the same as they did with the sale of Adonia). So all they are doing is making the initial moves to being P&O into line with their other cruise lines. Pretty soon there will be a total ban on taking alcohol on board, then the bar prices will rise to the same as the other lines and finally you will pay on board in US dollars rather than GB pounds exactly the same as they do on Cunard.

Peter

Wow, seven pages of this and not one of you has mentioned what may actually be the real reason behind this. Carnival (not P&O) make the rules here and tell P&O what they are going to do (just the same as they did with the sale of Adonia). So all they are doing is making the initial moves to being P&O into line with their other cruise lines. Pretty soon there will be a total ban on taking alcohol on board, then the bar prices will rise to the same as the other lines and finally you will pay on board in US dollars rather than GB pounds exactly the same as they do on Cunard.

Peter

Sounds like that will take a while though.

The hotel now tell me I can't bring booze into the hotel, can I get my money back, or is it a storm in a beer glass?:o:D

We're not massive drinkers but take it in to account when we book a cruise. Some don't, we do.

For us, this change just means that this will be something else that we will add in to our list of things to think about when we book a cruise. In the past the drinks allowance has been a positive for P&O (especially against Celebrity) but that advantage is no longer there and will make a difference for us. OK, not for everyone but we are all different.

If people judge us for that, I really don't care as it is our life, our lifestyle and our holiday. CC is not here to judge us all as any sort of politically correct government may .......................

Sounds like that will take a while though.

The hotel now tell me I can't bring booze into the hotel, can I get my money back, or is it a storm in a beer glass?:o:D

A storm in a beer glass, no cruise line style baggage checks or X Rays at your hotel, surely, unless it is in the Middle East somewhere.:hearteyes:

Just take a big suitcase, rattle, rattle, can hear it now.:eek: Enjoy.