Harbor Lights v. Boatyard

dateacher

• 1 month later...
Just to throw a spanner in the works, how do these two compare to Pirates Cove? Looks a little more peaceful, than Boatyard, which would suit us fine.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

Harbour Lights included our taxi last year - both ways. Would like to hear a a bit more abut Pirate's Cove too wowzz

We would be interested in finding out about the quieter beaches, too including Pirates Cove.

Same here. I was just looking at Pirates Cove as well and I like the way it looks from the few pictures I have seen.

Trip Advisor reviews look good. Location is just a bit closer to the port than Boatyard. Maybe on our next visit ... clear.png?emoji-cool-1690

Are you referring to Pirates Cove being closer than the Boatyard?

We called in at Pirates Cove earlier this month. Not too many people about (ours was the only large cruise ship in port), and there were lots of spare loungers, sun shades etc. Every one very friendly. Can't really comment on the food as we didn't eat there, but from what we saw, it looked OK. Not a real party destination, but if you wanted a quiet beach day, this would do fine. $10 taxi ride back to the port.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

I was in Barbados last week and took the shuttle to town for $2. It was then about a 5 minute walk to Pirates Cove. They beach was clean and very nice. I was by myself and not planning on staying long so I just put my towel on the sand. There were several guys walking the beach that were trying to get people to rent a jet ski or go on a glass bottom boat. They were not pushy; I just said no thank you. I ran into a couple I met on my ship and they were talking to some crew from the ship. They told us that it is an easy 20 minute walk back to the ship. There is a nice sidewalk that goes all the way back to the port; it us about a mile. Most of the way is a park right on the water and there is even some shade.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've been to all 3 and much prefer Pirates Cove and Harbour Lights over the Boatyard - which gets very busy and we found the staff there less friendly.

Pirates Cove is the closest, followed by Boatyard then Harbour Lights. If you are not bothered about the water 'toys' (which weren't available when we visited the Boatyard anyway) and are looking for a quieter experience I would choose Pirates Cove, simply because it's closer.

I was in Barbados last week and took the shuttle to town for $2. It was then about a 5 minute walk to Pirates Cove. They beach was clean and very nice. I was by myself and not planning on staying long so I just put my towel on the sand. There were several guys walking the beach that were trying to get people to rent a jet ski or go on a glass bottom boat. They were not pushy; I just said no thank you. I ran into a couple I met on my ship and they were talking to some crew from the ship. They told us that it is an easy 20 minute walk back to the ship. There is a nice sidewalk that goes all the way back to the port; it us about a mile. Most of the way is a park right on the water and there is even some shade.

What line was that (shuttle) we will be there later this month on Azura

They told us that it is an easy 20 minute walk back to the ship. There is a nice sidewalk that goes all the way back to the port; it us about a mile. Most of the way is a park right on the water and there is even some shade.

Can you elaborate on the park by the water on the way to/from there? (Or just something they told you about?)

I've been to all 3 and much prefer Pirates Cove and Harbour Lights over the Boatyard - which gets very busy and we found the staff there less friendly.

Pirates Cove is the closest, followed by Boatyard then Harbour Lights. If you are not bothered about the water 'toys' (which weren't available when we visited the Boatyard anyway) and are looking for a quieter experience I would choose Pirates Cove, simply because it's closer.

Thanks for your input on Pirates Cove and glad to hear you like it.

While the crowd or noise don't bother us too much, I'm more interested in a beautiful beach and scenery at the place. I did look at some pictures online and it looks like a pretty cool place. It being closer doesn't hurt either.

Any chance you know how long it takes to get there? 5-10 minutes? What is the price of a cab do you know (and is this per person or per cab...I can't remember from the last time we were there).

TIA

While the crowd or noise don't bother us too much, I'm more interested in a beautiful beach and scenery at the place. I did look at some pictures online and it looks like a pretty cool place. It being closer doesn't hurt either.

Any chance you know how long it takes to get there? 5-10 minutes? What is the price of a cab do you know (and is this per person or per cab...I can't remember from the last time we were there).

TIA

The beach is the same as the Boatyard/Harbour Lights - they're just further along the beach. I wouldn't necessarily describe it as beautiful but the sand is soft and quite white and the sea is nice, with gentle shelving into it.

We walked to Pirates Cove and it took about 10-15 minutes. Basically head out of the port and just keep walking with the sea to your right, along the seafront (this may be what another poster refers to as a 'park'). Eventually you pass a market on your right and come to a bridge which you cross over by turning right. Keep straight after crossing the bridge and walk around 50 yards then take a right onto the beach - just remember to keep on the road which hugs the beach which is always to your right, Pirates Cove is directly on your right as you walk down the small side street onto the beach.

If you turn left on the beach you will come to the Boatyard, then a bit further on to Harbour Lights - both of which are visible from Pirates Cove.

The beach is the same as the Boatyard/Harbour Lights - they're just further along the beach. I wouldn't necessarily describe it as beautiful but the sand is soft and quite white and the sea is nice, with gentle shelving into it.

We walked to Pirates Cove and it took about 10-15 minutes. Basically head out of the port and just keep walking with the sea to your right, along the seafront (this may be what another poster refers to as a 'park'). Eventually you pass a market on your right and come to a bridge which you cross over by turning right. Keep straight after crossing the bridge and walk around 50 yards then take a right onto the beach - just remember to keep on the road which hugs the beach which is always to your right, Pirates Cove is directly on your right as you walk down the small side street onto the beach.

If you turn left on the beach you will come to the Boatyard, then a bit further on to Harbour Lights - both of which are visible from Pirates Cove.

Does it feel like a safe area to walk? Does anyone have a link to a map of the area?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

We've done the Boatyard many times and thought we'd change it up and try Harbor Lights the past November. It was a bit further by cab, the beach was okay but there more waves and a stronger current. I do believe we paid more for the cab. We paid $20.00 which included 2 lounges, umbrella and $20.00 in food and drinks. Good deal and the food was decent. We will be there in March and will try Pirate's Cove. Folks picked up in our cab said it was nice.

As a side note we also went downtown early the first week of our cruise. I was very overwhelmed with the crowd and heat and returned to the ship early.

Edited by OC PAT
omitted word