Dining on Cloud Expedition

Carol From California

I am able to book dining reservations for our upcoming Antarctica expeditions cruise in February. Naturally I booked La Dame for our anniversary!

It's been a while since I've been on Silversea, but the other restaurants listed are the main dining room called The Restaurant (where no reservations are needed), and then there's La Terrazza (Italian), and last there's the Grill (Hot Rocks). We have been on one Silversea cruise and we loved Hot Rocks, but seriously....in Antarctica? I can't imagine it would be warm enough....but why is it listed under the reservations as an option? Is there a limit to the number of reservations you may make on the website? I can't seem to see the answer to that question. Also, as La Dame has a surcharge ($60 pp) if you have OBC, can you use it for that?

Cant comment on whether Hot Rocks heating will be warm enough for its usual fayre and use,but obviously the Cloud will be sailing to places world wide so no heating required when there!. I'm sure someone will post whether it genuinely is a pleasant option or if its just "available". Same for the terrace in La Terrazza.

You can book as many restaurant visits as you like, though it will be pointed out reservations are requests not guarantees. That said, I've never once not been given my preference on any cruise with SS.

Also, yes to OBC. I expect that most people do use it for that purpose. I certainly have.

Cant comment on whether Hot Rocks heating will be warm enough for its usual fayre and use,but obviously the Cloud will be sailing to places world wide so no heating required when there!. I'm sure someone will post whether it genuinely is a pleasant option or if its just "available". Same for the terrace in La Terrazza.

You can book as many restaurant visits as you like, though it will be pointed out reservations are requests not guarantees. That said, I've never once not been given my preference on any cruise with SS.

Also, yes to OBC. I expect that most people do use it for that purpose. I certainly have.

I do realize that the Cloud will be sailing in warmer places but why does the website give the option to book a reservation in Hot Rocks on my Antarctica cruise? Seems odd.

I do realize that the Cloud will be sailing in warmer places but why does the website give the option to book a reservation in Hot Rocks on my Antarctica cruise? Seems odd.

We dined there on an Alaskan cruise. They put nice heaters outside. I am sure that they will do the same on your cruise. They also made lap blankets available.

We have been to Antarctica three times and once to South Georgia. Somedays it was warm enough to have lunch out on deck. Last year with Silverseas in the Canadian Arctic / Greenland, passengers regularly had meals out including dinner out on deck. Book La Terrazza for when you are in surreal scenery so you can nip out on deck. Difficult if you are in the MDR, We have made our reservations.

We are going on the February cruise.

Kind regards,

Tony

We have been to Antarctica three times and once to South Georgia. Somedays it was warm enough to have lunch out on deck. Last year with Silverseas in the Canadian Arctic / Greenland, passengers regularly had meals out including dinner out on deck. Book La Terrazza for when you are in surreal scenery so you can nip out on deck. Difficult if you are in the MDR, We have made our reservations.

We are going on the February cruise.

Kind regards,

Tony

We are on the February 18 cruise. Which one are you on? Thanks for your advice!

Im not on Silver Clud but just heard from a travel agent that it isnt going anywhere today does anyone have any info?supposed to be on an antarctic cruise

The Cloud is supposed to have left Port Stanley and is on her way to Elephant Island, according to satellite data.

Silver Cloud has had to cancel its maiden voyage several days in due to a broken fuel pump (apparently the shipyard's fault). We have a writer onboard and says Silversea is flying everyone home and refunding cruise fares. I'm waiting for the official statement from the PR and then will post a news story on the Cruise Critic editorial site.