best food on Hal

Niagarawine

I'm surprised some good ole boy hasn't acclaimed that ultimate combination in southeast US cuisine: an RC and a Moon Pie.

You left out roadkill... ;):o

Interesting to note that the PC Police still allow (maybe even encourage) stereotyping of people from the South.

Interesting to note that the PC Police still allow (maybe even encourage) stereotyping of people from the South.

It doesn't bother me. As a kid In Alabama I grew up on moon pies and Dr Peppers; taste better in the old days. But over the years my taste have changed. Give me a chocolate volcano with a glass of wine at the Pinnacle Grill. I guess you could call that an upgrade :D

It doesn't bother me. As a kid In Alabama I grew up on moon pies and Dr Peppers; taste better in the old days. But over the years my taste have changed. Give me a chocolate volcano with a glass of wine at the Pinnacle Grill. I guess you could call that an upgrade :D

Like you, I cherish my Southern heritage ... and while I am not offended by the stereotyping, I do find it interesting that some of our PC brethren here on CC feel it's okay to make fun of something they do not understand and have only "experienced" vicariously, if at all. Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Sweet Home Alabama" says it all.

We've been on 2 - 7 day cruises on the Eurodam. Going on a 14 day in January....can't wait!!! 7 days just wasn't enough time to try all of the places available to eat, so that's our goal on our upcoming cruise:). Looking forward to broadening our horizens!!

We've been on 2 - 7 day cruises on the Eurodam. Going on a 14 day in January....can't wait!!! 7 days just wasn't enough time to try all of the places available to eat, so that's our goal on our upcoming cruise:). Looking forward to broadening our horizens!!

Congratulations - hope you enjoy your cruise. If you haven't done so already, I recommend trying both Tamarind and Canaletto - IMO they are fantastic values.

Like you, I cherish my Southern heritage ... and while I am not offended by the stereotyping, I do find it interesting that some of our PC brethren here on CC feel it's okay to make fun of something they do not understand and have only "experienced" vicariously, if at all. Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Sweet Home Alabama" says it all.

For some reason, the movie 'Deliverance' keeps coming to mind..