Puerto Rico

taxmantoo

Air Canada, Air Transat and West Jet (Canada`s 3 major airlines) all announced today that they are cancelling ALL flights to Puerto Rico for the entire 2017-18 winter season and will resume next year, 2018-19 season.

Why are cruise lines not doing the same considering the obvious difficulties and challenges Puerto Rico is having in restoring any semblance of normalcy?

Air Canada, Air Transat and West Jet (Canada`s 3 major airlines) all announced today that they are cancelling ALL flights to Puerto Rico for the entire 2017-18 winter season and will resume next year, 2018-19 season.

Why are cruise lines not doing the same considering the obvious difficulties and challenges Puerto Rico is having in restoring any semblance of normalcy?

Because the logistics an airline requires to operate in and out of PR are different than a cruise line. A cruise ship arrives fully self sufficient. An airline doesn't.

Thank you for the airline information. That is going to have a negative impact on groups trying to aid PR, I fear :(

Thank you for the airline information. That is going to have a negative impact on groups trying to aid PR, I fear :(

It will have many negative impacts, one of which will be for all Canadians who have a booked cruise embarking or disembarking in San Juan. They will now have to fly to an American city and book a flight to/from Puerto Rico from there.

It will have many negative impacts, one of which will be for all Canadians who have a booked cruise embarking or disembarking in San Juan. They will now have to fly to an American city and book a flight to/from Puerto Rico from there.

Oh ugh, that hadn't occurred to me :(

I work with a gal, and her parents live in PR.

She tells me that the airlines and packages she sends from NJ to PR are very delayed.

Yet she also tells me that San Juan is pretty much up and running and it is just packages and airlines that are still struggling.

It may be that the cruise lines have assessed the port stop and all is OK, while airlines are different... I certainly feel the pain and sorrow of Canadian travelers but I have confidence that as a port stop HAL might be OK

Just my 2 cents!..