Hotel in Fort Lauderdale for 2 nights before a cruise in March 2018?

Jamnuts

You should probably let everyone here know what you consider "reasonably priced" ...

Since we are from Canada, and our dollar is lower than the US dollar, I would say reasonably priced would be between $150 and $230 US

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone use Valuetrips before? Five days ago I put in an online reservation and they have not responded. I called and sent an email and still no response. I need a room for January 13th so I don't know if I should wait.

I used them. I don’t have exact dates for when I sent my original request. Probably about a month ago. I e-mailed them twice and got no response. I finally called the Hyatt Place and they confirmed my reservation . Yesterday, I got a response from value trips, stating that I had my room and that they had server problems. I wanted that hotel for that price so I overlooked the crappy service . I would wait one more week then call the Hyatt and see if your room has been reserved. In the meantime, I would book a room that you can cancel, in value trips doesn’t come through. It’s high season and stuff could sell out! Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm reading the helpful hints you're getting, because myself and two friends are also cruising in March (11th) to Panama Canal. Small town senior ladies from rural British Columbia. We'll arrive the day before our cruise, possibly after flying all night, so an early check in would be helpful. Three travelling together presents a bit of a quandry because my two friends have difficult sleep issues so we really need 3 separate beds. I'd be grateful for any suggestions - our price range would be in the $200 CAD range, depending on amenities.

There are some all suite and extended stay hotels in the FLL area -- search www.sunny.org which has lots of FLL area hotel and tourist info.

Embassy Suites might work for you -- with two beds in the bedroom and a pull-out bed in the front room. Not sure you will find it in your budget in March (lots of others trying to escape the cold -- Jan through Easter is peak tourist season). Have a great cruise! :cool:

I am from Canada also and feel your pain regarding our low dollar. I am going to FLL the week after you. I used Priceline(in cd dollars) and used the 3.5 star express deal, the hotel was rated 8+ and is in the Dania Beach area. I ended up with the Cambria Suites. I am pleased. It is less expensive when I go but I think you can get it within your budget.

Good Luck.

I am from Canada also and feel your pain regarding our low dollar. I am going to FLL the week after you. I used Priceline(in cd dollars) and used the 3.5 star express deal, the hotel was rated 8+ and is in the Dania Beach area. I ended up with the Cambria Suites. I am pleased. It is less expensive when I go but I think you can get it within your budget.

Good Luck.

I would suggest looking in Davie and Plantation areas. It's a bit more west but right off 595. 595 ends at the port so it's only a 15 min drive. Usually cheaper hotels.

Hello, fellow Canadians;

We have had luck with the Central Beach area of FLL...the hotels near the port are too $$ for us during spring break.

In the past, we've found reasonable rates (around $200Cdn) at Casa del Mar and Beach Gardens.

Have booked our March cruise at the Nobleton for around $165US....and hoping our dollar strengthens before then.

The best thing about these smaller properties is that they are two or three blocks from the beach and some great restaurants and night life on Los Olas Blvd. Wonderful to take a beach walk the morning before you cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm reading the helpful hints you're getting, because myself and two friends are also cruising in March (11th) to Panama Canal. Small town senior ladies from rural British Columbia. We'll arrive the day before our cruise, possibly after flying all night, so an early check in would be helpful. Three travelling together presents a bit of a quandry because my two friends have difficult sleep issues so we really need 3 separate beds. I'd be grateful for any suggestions - our price range would be in the $200 CAD range, depending on amenities.

Hilton might offer you an option to pay a few $$$ to get early check in. Most times nobody will guarantee an early check in. In fact I had the Embassy Suites on 17th give away my PAID FOR room that I booked for the night before we got in at 6:45 AM, because I didn't actually check in on arrival date. That's after I called them twice on arrival day to tell them not to give away my room that I "PAID FOR". Then they tell me they didn't have any rooms until 3:00 PM. I was not a happy camper.

I agree you are going to have to find some sort of suite set up to get three beds in a room, one being the pull out sofa and I doubt you will find that in your price range.

Hilton has a couple of options that work on those dates, but they are all around $300 USD.