Review of Norwegian Jewel - 5 nights to Tasmania

Yes would be very interested to hear your thoughts. Know the ship is fairly old. Some seem quite critical of smelly, dirty carpets etc but the majority seem to love the ship.

We leave in 7 weeks - can't wait!

Were there plentiful on board activities?

Many thanks

I didn’t see or smell any dirty carpets - overall I’d give this ship an 8 out of 10:

1) Production Shows = 10

2) Live music / bands = 8

3) Specialty Restaurants = 8

4) Main Dining Room = 8

5) Buffet = 7.5

6) Cabin = 8

7) Steward = 8

8) Service = 7.5

9) Appearance / Decor = 8

10) Officers involvement = 7

Just my opinion - I heard others whinging but I go cruising to relax, be entertained & meet others so am perhaps more easily pleased than some! [emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I didn’t see or smell any dirty carpets - overall I’d give this ship an 8 out of 10:

1) Production Shows = 10

4) Main Dining Room = 8

5) Buffet = 7.5

6) Cabin = 8

7) Steward = 8

8) Service = 7.5

Just my opinion - I heard others whinging but I go cruising to relax, be entertained & meet others so am perhaps more easily pleased than some! [emoji14]

Seems there are always those that whinge about something.

As I said during our Circumnavigation cruise, some would grizzle if they win lotto. About the pettiest things half the time.

1) Production Shows = 10

4) Main Dining Room = 8

5) Buffet = 7.5

6) Cabin = 8

7) Steward = 8

8) Service = 7.5

Norwegian would be delighted to receive such a positive review for an older ship new to a lot of Australians.

1) Production Shows = 10

4) Main Dining Room = 8

5) Buffet = 7.5

6) Cabin = 8

7) Steward = 8

8) Service = 7.5

Sounds like it adds up to a good time to me.

I forgot to mention that the frig in my cabin actually worked! Though it was very small it was mounted about chest height so very easy to access - I took out most of the bar items so that I could store my own items - worked perfectly!

Another thing that I’ve neglected to mention was the NCL app!

I must have downloaded it when I first booked this cruise & then forgotten about it so it wasn’t until new onboard friends showed me how it worked on Day 3 that I started to use it.

1) I turned my phone to Aeroplane Mode

2) I turned on the ship’s WIFI

3) I opened up the App from where all information was available

4) Once I exited from the App the ship’s wifi closed down

Here are some screenshots - hopefully they are helpful:

d92db81e136237d7bce247c31ac4d531.jpg670358ea3f57ed93070829ff61441a59.jpg65877e9f7d89dcd3d2e45e13a4eef6bf.jpg82b4bc1334fc55ceedf05a6cc25f7058.jpgc3d9be2da82b6766c2139f6d1c62a458.jpg

One final thing to mention - after chatting with gbenjo downstairs at the OPT I was walking towards the Circular Quay station to catch the train to Domestic Airport when I was confronted by an Airport Shuttle operator offering a ride for $15.

Normally I say no as I’ve read that there is often a long wait but as it would have been prime commuter time on the trains - 8.30am Friday morning - with the chance of a seat next to none I decided to take the shuttle option.

Waited about 10 minutes until he had a full compliment of 10 passengers for his mini bus then we were under way.

Turned out to be a good option for me at $15 per head so yes, cheaper than the train & far more convenient!

One final thing to mention - after chatting with gbenjo downstairs at the OPT I was walking towards the Circular Quay station to catch the train to Domestic Airport when I was confronted by an Airport Shuttle operator offering a ride for $15.

Normally I say no as I’ve read that there is often a long wait but as it would have been prime commuter time on the trains - 8.30am Friday morning - with the chance of a seat next to none I decided to take the shuttle option.

Waited about 10 minutes until he had a full compliment of 10 passengers for his mini bus then we were under way.

Turned out to be a good option for me at $15 per head so yes, cheaper than the train & far more convenient!

Good work, and very convenient for you.:D

I don't know if it was asked yet but who was the CD on board? and was he/she good?

An Aussie guy named Dave ? - he has been with NCL for some years! Obviously happy to be here close to home! Did a reasonably good job in my opinion!

Which reminds me - there were a few large bottles of Vegemite in the Buffet - hopefully they will be providing the small 1-serve sachets soon - far more convenient! [emoji4]

Gai, I have a fabulous driver called Jim that we sms the day before or that morning, he takes us from Airport to hotel, hotel to OPT or White Bay or where ever!!!

We have been using him for about 4 years now, $15 each and if he can't make it he sends a colleague.

If he picks us up from OPT and isnt full I try to get others to fill his van.

We have bumped into many cruisers that use him, and everyone always gets his number to use again. It may have been Jim that transferred you:)

Have never taken the train and havent used a taxi in years:D

I’ve only used the shuttle twice and that was what I did each time. Went to the first one that looked almost full, asked their best price.

Gai, I have a fabulous driver called Jim that we sms the day before or that morning, he takes us from Airport to hotel, hotel to OPT or White Bay or where ever!!!

We have been using him for about 4 years now, $15 each and if he can't make it he sends a colleague.

If he picks us up from OPT and isnt full I try to get others to fill his van.

We have bumped into many cruisers that use him, and everyone always gets his number to use again. It may have been Jim that transferred you:)

Have never taken the train and havent used a taxi in years:D

$15 is a good price because Ready2go charges about $22 pp

if i'm going to or from the airport and i have time on my hands i catch the 400 bus to or from Mascot station and then get the train and using your Opal card it only costs $2.50 for a concession but doing it that way it can add 30 minutes onto your journey as long as you dont have lots of luggage

$15 is a good price because Ready2go charges about $22 pp

if i'm going to or from the airport and i have time on my hands i catch the 400 bus to or from Mascot station and then get the train and using your Opal card it only costs $2.50 for a concession but doing it that way it can add 30 minutes onto your journey as long as you dont have lots of luggage

Yes I had read of that option some time ago but lost the details - as a solo aged almost 70 convenience out-weighs the cost these days! [emoji4]

Yes I had read of that option some time ago but lost the details - as a solo aged almost 70 convenience out-weighs the cost these days! [emoji4]

I agree and we tend to travel light and we don't have mobility issues or such like some people may.