Too many limitations with Cheers?

Scotto97

Correct me if I'm wrong - but didn't Carnival eliminate Cranberry from the buffet years ago ?

This week there was lemonade and iced tea most of the time, and for some meals, also a tropical fruit punch.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Per a post above, I didn't know you can bring cans of mixers on board though. Is that INCLUDING your 1 bottle of wine allowance? I have 1 bottle i'm bringing onboard, but can I ALSO bring a couple cans of Tomato Juice as well? (I'd love to have my Bloody Mary's in cabin when I wake up lol).

It is

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So to clarify. I can bring one bottle wine onboard PLUS one of those little 6 pks of Campbells 5oz tomato juices? That would be great!

Yes - we typically carry on a couple 12 packs of soda (mixed) plus 2 bottles of wine or champagne.

i'm curious though - if they allow up to a 12 pack of 12oz sodas per person - are you allowed say 24 5 oz cans pp ?

The net oz would still be under their threshold - I've read you can bring one Magnum bottle of wine per couple instead of 2 750ML's bottles (though depending on the port some people have had a hard time with this concept)

thanks everyone

Find a really good Lido bar server... tip them well and they will make whatever accommodations you like... I had some who would take our cooler and hold it for about a half hour then when they brought it back it was filled with our usual beer/soda/waters on ice unopened... I signed a few slips, slid a few bucks and everyone got what they wanted...

We have purchased Cheers three times and probably won't do it again. For us, even being moderate drinkers while on a cruise, we never "beat" the cost of Cheers compared to just buying whatever/whenever we wanted to.

We just got off the Imagination three day weekender cruise.....first of all the website says "no carry on sodas, waters, mixer are allowed to carry on"......so we gave up the idea of bringing on our mixers for the $75 dollar bottle of vodka we purchased to have in our room. Then we say people carrying twelve packs of sodas in the elevators on embarkation day.....ticked us off.....if you print a policy then do it......or change the printed policy. You can't buy a "bucket of beers" with a beverage package.....and you are limited to one drink per five minutes and 15 per day.

You are correct buckets are not included, however you can "purchase " them . Much like you can "purchase " drinks for "friends" that don't count on your 15 limit.

As long as you " purchase" before you reach 15.

It really is strange the conditions people put on obtaining drinks and without it they simply 'can't have fun'. I have never found the task of grabbing a drink to be hard on a cruise ship.

If being unable to carry a liter of vodka and cranberry around with you is the break point instead of by the glass then so be it.

Edited by ray98

Find a bartender you like, tip them well at the start and they'll be with you the entire cruise. We leave tomorrow and I just messaged the last bartender we had (became friends on FB) to see where she is working and she'll be ready for anything I need. Unopened beer, cans for the room, drinks every 5 - even not knowing her before our last cruise this was the case after about 48 hours on board.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

I bartender for fun in the summer. Order a tall vodka cranberry, NO ICE. Fill your tumbler with ice. Pour 16 oz tall no ice into 24/32 tumbler full of ice, should be pretty darn close to full. Sip, enjoy, repeat!

Awesome - thanks !

We'll hit the bar once arriving poolside and I'll order that while my wife gets a beer. By the time we find a couple of loungers and get settled, 5 minutes would have expired and we'll both order another tall vodka cranberry no ice from a waiter that will finish filling it up.

Perfect

I bartender for fun in the summer. Order a tall vodka cranberry, NO ICE. Fill your tumbler with ice. Pour 16 oz tall no ice into 24/32 tumbler full of ice, should be pretty darn close to full. Sip, enjoy, repeat!

Well, yeah. But it has the same amount of vodka in it whether it’s normal, tall, or extra tall (from no ice). Just more cranberry juice. So if the person doesn’t want a tumbler of mostly cranberry juice it doesn’t really help.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree with OP. I just got off NCL and their UBP (unlimited beverage package) was fantastic and did not have the cheers limitations. For this reason alone, I would go on NCL again. Cheers is not an unlimited drink package, don't let them fool you, read the fine print.

Well, yeah. But it has the same amount of vodka in it whether it’s normal, tall, or extra tall (from no ice). Just more cranberry juice. So if the person doesn’t want a tumbler of mostly cranberry juice it doesn’t really help.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Personally I'm fine with having only 4 1/2 ounces of vodka in 32 ounce container as it's really just for having something refreshing and sealed either by the pool or in the jacuzzi. I could always order further shots of vodka after each 5 minutes increment if I end up wanting it stronger.

Agree with OP. I just got off NCL and their UBP (unlimited beverage package) was fantastic and did not have the cheers limitations. For this reason alone, I would go on NCL again. Cheers is not an unlimited drink package, don't let them fool you, read the fine print.

However NCL does have a 15.00 limit on drinks. Plus NCL doesn't include water, specialty coffee, energy drinks, milkshakes ( spiked or regular).

I have enjoyed my last 2 NCL cruises with the perks already added into the costs.

You don't need to read the fine print to know Carnival has a limit of 15 drinks per person per day. Carnival has never claimed that Cheers is an unlimited drink package.