Here’s hoping

GUT2407

I worked out our budget for drinks on our Hawaii cruise and that was bad enough. :eek: I haven't even thought of other costs and excursions yet. Ah well, at least I don't have to worry about airfares and hotels on that cruise and luckily I rarely get tempted by the shops onboard.

I doubt there will be much on ship spending, and as non drinkers my soda pack will be a couple of hundred, she will have a couple of coffee cards. We will probably do a few excursions Pearl Harbour and the Macadamia farm are pretty high on our list.

The April one really works well for us as it needs less leave due to holidays etc.

BTW at one of the port stops in NZ earlier this year I saw a guy in this really cool wheelchair. It's based on Segway technology and looked very compact. It seemed to be very manoeuverable. Might be worth checking out.

And unfortunately costs more than this cruise.

Mmmm. PIA.

OHHH I know

Positely

Important

Adult

Near enough to spethshial I guess.

Interesting we depart white Elephant, er Bay.

Return OPT.

With the Princess Royal Blue Carpet rolled out for 'spethal pax.' :halo:

You will 'Escape Completely and Come Back New' Mr Gut and Mrs Gut.:hearteyes:

Yep the terminal is great.

Might bite the bullet and get a hire car.

We use a transport company (when there are 4 or more of us) that picks us up at Kingsgrove (SILs place) that takes us there and then does the pick up trip on our cruise return. Works out cheaper and easier for us.

We use a transport company (when there are 4 or more of us) that picks us up at Kingsgrove (SILs place) that takes us there and then does the pick up trip on our cruise return. Works out cheaper and easier for us.

Yeah a few up here if we wanted we could park at Hornsby (the lass going with Miss Gut in Feb) and get a shuttle or car from there.

Or I can hit up my sister and/or brother in law.

Or my wonderful baby has already said she’d take the day off.

Yeah but the three I listed are one after another, is yours straight after the world cruise??

I guess it could be.

I wonder what impact that will have on service. Positive or negative. So few turnovers.

Yes, it seems to be straight after the world cruise.

The world cruise has several sectors so there will be some turnovers, but not the whole ship. Anyway you can report on the quality of the service on the first Hawaii cruise and I can report on the second one.

Yeah a few up here if we wanted we could park at Hornsby (the lass going with Miss Gut in Feb) and get a shuttle or car from there.

Or I can hit up my sister and/or brother in law.

Or my wonderful baby has already said she’d take the day off.

Any of those are good options but the last is probably the best.:D

Yes, it seems to be straight after the world cruise.

The world cruise has several sectors so there will be some turnovers, but not the whole ship. Anyway you can report on the quality of the service on the first Hawaii cruise and I can report on the second one.

Sounds like a plan.

I know Mrs Gut is hoping I’ll let her do a couple of excursions.

Mmmm. PIA.

OHHH I know

Positely

Important

Adult

Near enough to spethshial I guess.

Interesting we depart white Elephant, er Bay.

Return OPT.

Hmmm........ close..but no cigar

There must be be a "proper" grown up ship at the OPT that day. What date do you leave?....................ahh ..just looked it up ..yes ... the Explorer of the Seas is in that day at the OPT

Edited by gbenjo

Yep..Explorer of the Seas is in on that day

According to the Sydney Ports Cruise schedule the Explorer is in on that day but looking at the RCL site there is no RCL ship leaving on the 9th. So seeing it is still 17 months away and if no other ship is at the OPT they may switch you to there.

According to the Sydney Ports Cruise schedule the Explorer is in on that day but looking at the RCL site there is no RCL ship leaving on the 9th. So seeing it is still 17 months away and if no other ship is at the OPT they may switch you to there.

Yep anything could happen in that time.

Yep..Explorer of the Seas is in on that day

Explorer is now leaving 29th March 2019, redeployment back to Singapore, they have yet to give out Ovations itineraries but I believe it will take some of Explorers OPT spots before it heads over to the US mid April. You may still be at White bay Mr Gut......Ovations new schedule supposed to be out 12th Dec

Whispers, there is the ovation going to Alaska rather than Asia, I do wonder what ships we will get for the 2019/2020 session.

Ah well, at least I don't have to worry about airfares and hotels on that cruise and luckily I rarely get tempted by the shops onboard.

Isn't that one from Auckland to Auckland? @ https://www.princess.com/find/cruiseDetails.do?voyageCode=C914A

Nice itineraries and I like the roundtrip approach (ex Sydney or ex Auckland)

It is a nice itinerary, price isn't bad either.

Price was a bit more per day than we like, for a balcony, but as it is Sea we get a Mini Suite for that money as there are no accessible balconies on the ship at all. So looking at it that way we got a bargain. I’m not sure if we get any Mini Suite, benefits, limited as they are.

We also get a truck load of internet and genuine priority boarding not that fake sort gbenjo dishes out.