FYI: HAL Summer 2019 Alaska Schedules Published

joepeka

I noticed this today and didn't see it mentioned already so wanted to put it out: HAL released their Summer 2019 cruise schedules for Alaska today (nothing for the land and sea yet). We've been waiting for them ourselves and assume others have as well. :)

Thanks for posting this, Joe. I'm surprised the 2019 Alaska schedule is out, as HAL is usually way behind other lines.

Roz

Yes! We called our PCC on Thursday, asking when Alaska 2019 would come out. She said "tomorrow" (which was yesterday), adding that it was 6 months earlier than usual. :) Hoping to book one with the Cyber Sale, just to decide which one now.

I have a feeling those (3) 21 Day cruises from San Francisco on the Maasdam will book up quickly! I only wish I had the ability to take 3 weeks off as I would book it in a heartbeat!!!!!

Sadly I'm having to defer my 14 Day Alaska trip from 2018 to 2019 - bonus (in my opinion) we will be on the Amsterdam vs the Zaandam. I personally think the Amsterdam has always had a much lovelier decor scheme and Art collection throughout.

Interesting, looking at the itinerary, I saw something I never seen before, Kake, Alaska has SX as the port code, which the website lists as "Shore Access Limited To Excur", so I suppose that means you can only get off the ship if your on a HAL Excursion.

Interesting, looking at the itinerary, I saw something I never seen before, Kake, Alaska has SX as the port code, which the website lists as "Shore Access Limited To Excur", so I suppose that means you can only get off the ship if your on a HAL Excursion.

The same code is used for the stop in Gatun Lake on the R/T FLL Panama Canal Cruises. You also see this when Tracy Arm Fjord is listed as a "port" on r/t SEA/YVR cruises with a same day call in Anchorage.

I'm assuming due to the nature of the port/facilities/tides that they cannot allow independent guests ashore in Kake. It is a Tlingit Native community of less than 600 year-round residents and appears to only have the most basic of facilities/infrastructure. The number of tourist facilities/tour operators is most likely VERY limited and so therefore the local government is probably only allowing guests on organized tours ashore, which makes a lot of sense.

I went to Valdez in 2001 on my very first cruise ever, Statendam from Vancouver to Seward. As you can imagine, a lot of the people who live there are in the oil industry, and I thought it gave us a good look at how ordinary Alaskan year round residents live.

Roz

Thanks for posting this, Joe. I'm surprised the 2019 Alaska schedule is out, as HAL is usually way behind other lines.

Roz

We booked our June 2018 Alaska cruise on Nieuw Amsterdam on December 1 of last year.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.