Buying Pearls in the Caribbean

Souljourner

I will be traveling to the following islands next month:

Antigua

Martinique

St. Kitts

St. Lucia

St. Thomas.

I'm in the market for a quality pearl necklace. Wondering if anyone can recommend a store on any of these islands where I might be able to purchase good quality at a good price, or would I be better off purchasing pearls in the US?

Thank you in advance!

My recommendation is to buy the in the USA.

Too often people are rushed while on cruises and make decision too quickly that they come to regret.

Keith

Thank you so much, Keith. That was my thought as well but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything, especially since people seem to equate cruising with shopping. Not being a shopper I was wondering what all the shopping frenzy was all about! ;-)

Jude

• 3 months later...
I will be traveling to the following islands next month:

Antigua

Martinique

St. Kitts

St. Lucia

St. Thomas.

I'm in the market for a quality pearl necklace. Wondering if anyone can recommend a store on any of these islands where I might be able to purchase good quality at a good price, or would I be better off purchasing pearls in the US?

Thank you in advance!

St. Thomas would be my recommendation. I am a Pearl lover and have originals from Japan (my dad was in the Air Force and brought them home from Kyoto). I have bought Black Pearls in St. Thomas. Be sure to shop at home in USA first so you know what quality, size and origination is so you can compare more than cost. Try Beverly's in downtown (my name so it's easy to remember but there is no affiliation) and Trident. Good Luck and happy shopping.

St. Thomas would be my recommendation. I am a Pearl lover and have originals from Japan (my dad was in the Air Force and brought them home from Kyoto). I have bought Black Pearls in St. Thomas. Be sure to shop at home in USA first so you know what quality, size and origination is so you can compare more than cost. Try Beverly's in downtown (my name so it's easy to remember but there is no affiliation) and Trident. Good Luck and happy shopping.

Thank you @nanatravel!